Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Early miscarriage?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This isn't a very pleasant post, so if you are the sensitive type I wouldn't read on.

I've been feeling a bit queasy for the last week. Today I noticed that I had some blood clots when I went to the loo, along with blood tinged discharge. I'm not due my period as I'm pretty regular every 35 days.

I think it might be a very early miscarriage. Has anyone had any experience of this?

Comments

• Options
    Hi.
    When i was on the pill, my period didnt come as normal one time and when it did, it was really painful, like more than ever and there was a lot of blood clots for the next few days.
    I posted on here and i was told it could be possible.
    But theres no point in getting upset over something that you will never know about. I dont think its possible to find out whether you were pregnant or not. It could possibly just be a bad period.
    Hope this helps xxx
  • Options
    Many women miscarry without even knowing they were pregnant...its impossible to know how often it happens.

A miscarriage becomes really upsetting when you know youo are pregnant with a much wanted child.

It is possible that you have had an early miscarriage...it may just be a heavier than normal period.
  • Options
    did you know you were pregnant?
  • Options
    No.

If i was pregnant, it would only be 3 weeks max. When I was pregnant with my son I started getting the queasy feeling early on, which is what makes me think i might have been.

I'm not really upset as another baby would be hard just now. I just feel a bit weird and don't know whether to go to the docs or not.

I know it's not a period. it looks more like the "show" you have before you go into labour.
  • Options
    I think I read on here thet a doctor can tell if you've miscarried by doing a blood test fairly soon after the alleged miscarriage took place. So if you'd like to find out if you were pregnant your doctor may be able to tell you, as the blood will show up hormones or something that are present in the body suggesting recent pregancy.
    This might not actually be possible, but I'd make an appointment anyway as your're obviously concerned.
    Hope that helps
    :)
  • Options
    I think a large proportion of all pregnancies end before the woman even realises she was pregnant, and just has a heavier than normal period. Its quite possible that was the case, so unless you wanted another baby quite so soon, Id have a rethink about your current method of contraception.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Id have a rethink about your current method of contraception.

A very responsible point Rainbowbrite. My current method is highly irresponsible, so I think I better get to the doc's pretty fast for that alone. i think I'll ask him to do a blood test just so I know either way.

Thanks for replying everyone.