Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

i only want a paper round!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i need some money, but its practically impossible to find any work in our village. the local newsagents dont need any more paper people so im buggered. i dont know what else to do to get money. im sorry i know some of you have much larger problems but anyway its just frustrating!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A normal job? Like in a shop or something?
    what the hell happened? there is a hugeeee waiting list for a paperound in my village, well about 20 people. i went up there today and they said monday, 3:30, round the back to me.

laura is on the waiting list as well shes gonna be jealous haha!

but damnit! that means when she invites me in for a cup fo tea, i must say no. that means, when i walk her home, i have to run back to my house. would you choose cup of tea with girlfriend or paperound?

well, ill go on monday, and see if i can get an early morning one. my mum shant be too pleased tho. ah well, she signed the forms :D
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    would you choose cup of tea with girlfriend or paperound?

oh for goodness sake, you can go round after cant you? :rolleyes:
    You really wanna be a paperboy, huh?
    no i want the money.
    So why don't you get a job doing something else, seeing as the paper round wont be free for a long time?
    the thing is, i walked in there. and by some weird reason, he has ignored everyone on the list, and signed me up. so i have to go in there at 3.30 on monday to get briefed or w/e.

only problem with that is i wont be able to have a cup of tea with laura :crying:

why cruel world why?!?
    There is no list, it's a ruse to make people more intereste in paperboy jobs.
    what the hell happened? there is a hugeeee waiting list for a paperound in my village, well about 20 people. i went up there today and they said monday, 3:30, round the back to me.

laura is on the waiting list as well shes gonna be jealous haha!

but damnit! that means when she invites me in for a cup fo tea, i must say no. that means, when i walk her home, i have to run back to my house. would you choose cup of tea with girlfriend or paperound?

well, ill go on monday, and see if i can get an early morning one. my mum shant be too pleased tho. ah well, she signed the forms :D
    Well done to you :D

It just shows that keen-ness and being persistant pays off. Well done again.

I used to be a papergirl... it's not as bad as its seems and like you I was doing it for the money rather than the enjoyment of the job!

Good luck delivering all those papers!
    im no longer a standby im now a fully fledged paperboy. 6:30 in the morning, 6 days a week, £10 quid. cool!! :D
    im no longer a standby im now a fully fledged paperboy. 6:30 in the morning, 6 days a week, £10 quid. cool!! :D

£10 a day, or £10 a week? :eek2:

Fuck getting up for 6:30 btw!
    £10 a week, well i get up early every morning because i dream about laura and.. you can guess the rest :p
    £10 a week, well i get up early every morning because i dream about laura and.. you can guess the rest :p

Fuck that! :eek:

You're being like, totally fucking exploited!
    maybe. but ah well. that £10, added onto my £5 pocket money, i have £15 a week. that means i can buy much for Laura yay!
    i get almost that, for posting 169 papers and leaflets, once a week.

i get the leaflets on monday, and have from monday - friday to post them, and wed - fri to do the papers. for 5 - 12 quid depending on the amount of leaflets\thickness of papers etc.
    ShyBoy, how old are you? £10 for 6 days a week, that is way, WAY too low. It's like..£1.66 a day! That's not right.
    I had a paper round once when i was 13, and had £20 a week!but it was shite so i only had it for 2weeks.

I would never get up at 6:30 and work all week for £10 that just about gets me into town and pays for food!What about money for the actual clothes!
    i remember when i had to post about 300 papers and leaflets once a week for 12.50 a month.

the "mate" who introduced me to the bizniz got a bonus of 4 quid in his months wages:eek2:
    At the end of the day everyone should be happy and if you are happy doing this paper round then do it. If not opt for something you do like. Am I making sense?
    A TENNER A WEEK?!?!?!

Jesus. Well, it's up to you. ever considered babysitting? the millions just roll in, trust me :)
    ur getten taken for a ride boy!
    i got £20 a week for delivering to 3 roads once a week!
    the countryside is different. Around here they are the best rates. It only takes me about 20 minutes (well 50 minutes round trip to pick up my papers etc)

I get paid £12 a week now.

Around here most people get paid 1/2 of what I get paid hehe...

and I only have to deliver about 28 - 31 papers a day and its all around about 3 streets (one main one with little streets coming off it)
    You seem really happy today Shy Boy which is nice. You seem to like the paper round so keep with it. I am not sure that £12 per week is a good sum of money for the week but nevermind. The main thing is you like doing it.
    I used to have a paper round until resently. It was one night a week (wednesday) and i got between £9 and £18 depending on thickness of papers, advertising etc. It used to take me about 2.5 - 3 hours.

Now i have a job in the Tesco's cafe for £44 a week :P
    I thought you and laura had split up? Your really obsessed arnt you.