Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finance Advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have searched the SLA website and other student websites but I cannot find the info I need!

I am nearly finished my second year at uni. I want to repeat my second year next year (too complicated to go into now!) but they may not allow me to.

If they don't allow it I am hoping to begin another course at another university in September. However, I am sure I read somewhere that once you go into your second year at a university and then subsequently drop out of that course, you are not eligible for financial assistance at another institute.

Does anybody know if this is correct?
Thanks.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to Jeeves and he took me to...........TheSite! Weird....

Sorry I am not sure, the finance depertment at your uni should know, you coukld drop in or send them an e-mail........:confused:
    BumbleBee

Your best bet is to talk to student services or your student loans advisor on campus. Also are you absolutely certain repeating the year is the right way to go? Have you discussed it with tutors to see if you can catch up this year?

Susie :)
    Yes, I have withdrawn completley now.
    I am taking a year out to do some work experience at Social Service departments around the region, and also some volunteering.
    I am hoping to start a (BA) Social Work degree in Sep 2004 at another university.

I am happier already. :D
    You've dropped outta Durham, are you mad?!!

What uni you going to?
    Originally posted by Jono_H
    You've dropped outta Durham, are you mad?!!

What uni you going to?
    Why am I mad? It is no better than many other universities and in actual fact it sucks big time in the teaching of many subjects. Sure, it has a reputation, but I personally don't feel that it is justified. Individual members of staff care highly for their students but as an establishment I have found them difficult and uncaring.

So I dropped out of a university with a good reputation? So what? I didn't fit in and I didn't like it. I would rather be happy!

I am hoping to go to Northumbria because they do the course I want to study.

Thanks for your concern though! :)