Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

On a morning....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this might sound disgusting or whatever, but i just need to ask.
The thing is, on a morning just as i wake up i sometimes feel like theres something stuck in my throat and i have coughed up little white lumps. I dont know what they are or where they have come from and i know it sounds disgusting.
I regularly have a lot of phlegm in my throat and chest also, so does anyone have any ideas what it could be?or ever heard of anything like it?
Thanks to any advice xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I get this but not every day. Like once a month if that.

Dunno what it is tho, soz hun.
    This used to happen to me all the time when I was younger. I think it is something to do with the lymph nodes.

I would suggest a trip to the doctors! Don't worry, it isn't life threatening! When you find out what it is, I would be interested to know. :)
    Ive just been searching about lymph nodes but only a lot on info on cancer is coming up. Do you know where you heard it was something to do with the lymph nodes? id just like to research it a little myself before i go to the docs.
    My mam has it too (probably where ive got it from) and the doc wanted a sample-which i aint too keen on doing! Anyway she never went back to get it sorted out-but im gonna go and find out myself.
    Any more advice welcome please :)
    Originally posted by **Cinderella**
    Ive just been searching about lymph nodes but only a lot on info on cancer is coming up. Do you know where you heard it was something to do with the lymph nodes? id just like to research it a little myself before i go to the docs.
    My mam has it too (probably where ive got it from) and the doc wanted a sample-which i aint too keen on doing! Anyway she never went back to get it sorted out-but im gonna go and find out myself.
    Any more advice welcome please :)

My advice...Don't do searches on the internet to diagnose illness...it will always make you think you have cancer.

Do you smoke? It may be something to do with that, it could also be from drinking milk.

Anyhooo...Like everyone else I'd say go to the doctor!