Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Read anything into this??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, this is probably going to get pretty confusing so apologies to anyone who gets lost reading this, anyway:
theres a girl i know (lets call her sarah), a while back i was sitting in her friends flat and her friend told me that sarah kinda liked me. i didnt really think much of this because i didnt feel the same way at the time, now i think im starting to like her too. the problem is i dont know if she still likes me or not. i cant really ask her because if she doesnt it will make things really awkward and mess things up good and proper (if she does - great :) )
she did send me a text message the other day and at the end it said "love ya sarah x x x" should i read anything into this or just take it as friendly chit chat? we are quite good friends so im not sure.
:confused:
hmm, guess it wasnt that confusing. ah well. any help will be greatly apprieciated. sorry for sounding "high-school".
Cheers!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think you should just ask her friend again to make sure, how long ago was it?
    it was a couple of weeks ago now. how long do crushes last??
    Originally posted by icey
    it was a couple of weeks ago now. how long do crushes last??

How longs a piece of string?!! My friend had a crush for over 2 years!! She got off with other lads etc but she still liked this one guy 4 ages! Untill he treated her like shit & she now hates him!

I suggest that you ask this friend to find out if 'sarah' likes you still or not! What have you got to loose from just asking?! :)

Another thing: do you only like her now because you know she likes you?! I have done that in the past, found out this lad fancied me so just for the sake of it, i started to "think" I liked him! I didn't though :rolleyes:

Hope it works out for you mate, so good luck & keep us posted!

Mwaaaa xxx :naughty:
    Originally posted by Mwaaaa

Another thing: do you only like her now because you know she likes you?! I have done that in the past, found out this lad fancied me so just for the sake of it, i started to "think" I liked him! I didn't though :rolleyes:

I know, the same has happened to me and i made a massive mistake - the guy wasn't even that great.

I would find out from her friend how she feels - you don't want to loose a friend over a crush!!

It has happened to me - some guy had a crush on me and when i decied to go for it he had already started another relationship and i made a complete fool of myself!!
    well, new development:
    Last night i was round her mates flat again and we were sittin next to each other. we sometimes talk through text messages when we dont want anyone else to hear what is said so i wrote one asking if she still liked me, she then went all shy n hid her face so i asked her again, she nodded her head (for yes) then continued to act all funny. i told her i felt the same and she just smiled but kept her face pretty much hidden. after that we didnt really talk, this might have been because it was quite late and she was falling asleep, after a while i decided to leave so i told her so then asked for a goodbye hug (we do hug occationaly as so we do with a lot of friends) but she shook her head for no and didnt move. so i left. feeling confused.
    any help? whats the deal?? :confused::confused:
    Maybe she was just shy. I know I would be. Talk to her about it again now you know where you stand with each other.
    Hope it works out :)
    It is awkward when you both end up revealing your feelings to one another but you will soon find the awkwardness subsiding.
    Aww yeah, that whole shyness thing occured for me when I was in town and I somehow managed to pull this guy who I'd liked for ages. He asked if I liked him and ugh, dammit, I fancied the pants off him. Of course this shyness with me only lasted about 10 seconds and then I had his tongue in my mouth. Woo. But ya know, I guess the time varies.
    me again,
    Could use some some advice on how to handle a new situation that has arisen: picture the scene: last night (between the hours of 8pm and 2am) im sitting in a flat with three girls (1 of whom is sarah) and 6 lads. sarah (who supposedly likes/liked me) is being really strange toward me, for example, she was playing catch with this little ball with one of the other lads(i know she doesnt like him) to tease a kitten, after a while the lad got bored and said "play it with tim for a while" (i was sitting right next to him) she just said "nah i dont like him" (not in a nasty kind of way just.. i dont know if she was joking or not) then later on she seemd to be flirting quite a bit with one of the other lads (who she aparently slept with once [rich]). when we were all leaving (there was 2 of the lads had gone, and there were only 3 of us left who were not staying the night sarah came to the door to let us out and lock the door behind us, she gave the first lad a hug, then gave rich a hug then i was last out the door she just completely ignored me, didnt say bye to me or anything and just shut the door (no hug). Any idea whats going through her head??? help!
    She’s a woman. ‘Nuff said.

She could be either:

1)Be annoyed with you for expressing your feelings and now feels awkward talking to you and suchlike;

2)She might secretly fancy you but doesn’t know what to do due to shyness or whatever or she might be flirting with your friends to evoke a response (i.e. from not saying bye to you) from you to confirm your interest in her; or

3)She might not like you and might be messing around with you by flirting with your friends in order to evoke a response (i.e. from not saying bye to you) from you.

You could either ask her what’s going on which might affect your friendship or which might benefit it or you could leave it as it currently is. The question you need to answer is whether you are happy with your current situation (clearly not) and therefore are you willing to risk your friendship over her? If yes, perhaps ask her about it, if no, perhaps leave it.
    thanks. thats a big help. i know she liked me before, i just dont know if she still does. (heres hoping :) )