Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Motivation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Can anybody help me?

I need to revise for my exams and I need to get started on some assessed essays but I really cannot find the motivation or the energy.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I need inspiring and motivating and when I am in a private place, I consider something exceptionally important to me (normally criminal justice) and prance around the room as if I am giving a lecture on it or something. It works very effectively and my adrenalin runs faster than a 13-year-old boy's first testosterone-filled awareness of women. :)
    its hard to do but find a place that you can be alone and devote to working only. i have a place and its strictly for that and nothing else. as soon as i cant do anymore i leave that place so it doesnt get 'infected' with the need to do other stuff in it.
    It doesn't really matter anymore.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    It doesn't really matter anymore.
    Why not? Given up completely?

I've just started revising for my exams too... do a timetable, as long as you've planned well so you know you can stick to it then it's really rewarding being able to tick things off. Also, find the best time of day for you do work - some people find it easiest to get up really early in the morning and get a few hours done then, some work in the middle of the day or afternoon, and there are night-owls who can work really late in the evening.

Reward yourself with shopping trips, walks in the park, drinks in the evening etc - I really find I work harder when I say to myself 'right I've got to get this essay/assignment/other piece of work done before 6pm cos then i'm going out for a really fantastic evening with my girlfriends' ...it means you have something to look forward to.

...any help?
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Actually, yes.

I've put in a request to be allowed to retake the second year from October. :(
    Awww :( well, if that's what you wanna do... good luck with it next time. Sometimes it's good to start afresh :)
    How about dividing your work pile into things that are easy things that are hard and alternate between hard work and easy work. Try different working situations like total quiet, music, candles etc and experiment to see what works best for you. Good luck hope all goes well.
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    How about dividing your work pile into things that are easy things that are hard and alternate between hard work and easy work. Try different working situations like total quiet, music, candles etc and experiment to see what works best for you. Good luck hope all goes well.
    Actually, yes.
    Thanks though!