Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does it matter when you forget the day you finished your last packet?

Comments

• Options
    Yes! Use condoms for the next week. If in doubt speak to whoever prescribed it.
  • Options
    I'm not sexually active yet. But I needed some advice so thanks I think I will go and consult the doctor who prescribed the pill to me.
  • Options
    Why are you worried if you're not sexually active? Or is this one of those things where you want to know before you have sex and blah de blah.

*confused and nosey*
  • Options
    do you mean if you forget when you took the last pill?
    you always start a packet on the same day so it's quite easy to remember...but always write it down just to be sure, once you've done it for a while it just becomes a cycle that you can't forget...
    say you start on a saturday, then you take it for 21 days, stop for 7 and you'll start on a saturday again...

it's all in the leaflet you get when you go on the pill though :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by xapis
    do you mean if you forget when you took the last pill?
    you always start a packet on the same day so it's quite easy to remember...but always write it down just to be sure, once you've done it for a while it just becomes a cycle that you can't forget...
    say you start on a saturday, then you take it for 21 days, stop for 7 and you'll start on a saturday again...

it's all in the leaflet you get when you go on the pill though :)

Yes I do mean if I forget when I last took the pill. I know it should be easy to remember but I have been known to forget! Does this mean I need to see the doctors then?
  • Options
    You'd need to see the doctors if you were having sex. But if you're not then I don't think so. You'd just take the pill as soon as you remember and if you plan to have sex within those 7 days that you start taking it again then you'd have to use condoms.