Home Work & Volunteering
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.

Work Experience

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
...So, where did everyone go?
I'm about to start mine on April 28th i think but i still dont know where i'm going! I chose mainly theatres - like backstage on props and scenes, but i didnt get any of my choices so i've gotta find somewhere else now :rolleyes:
Im thinking bout hairdressers, a posh one like Toni & Guy or Staffords :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to Sound Control which is a musical instrument shop here in Ednburgh. In fact, there all over the country :p . I really enjoyed it. Good luck finding a place and have fun :)
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    I went to Sound Control which is a musical instrument shop here in Ednburgh. In fact, there all over the country :p . I really enjoyed it. Good luck finding a place and have fun :)

I went to a hairdressers, not a posh one though. I got to do a member of staffs hair twice, but for the rest of it i only got to sweep, pass things, make tea and coffe, just the basic stuff that isn't to do with hair.
    I went to a veterinary surgery & traipsed along on call-outs with the equine vet bloke.
    I sorted mine out myself - the school said I could go to a travel agents...woo. :yeees:
    Eurgh, work experience... I got forced into supervising a reception class in my old Primary School.

For a full account of my experience, click here :p
    Originally posted by Ms Mature
    I went to a hairdressers, not a posh one though. I got to do a member of staffs hair twice, but for the rest of it i only got to sweep, pass things, make tea and coffe, just the basic stuff that isn't to do with hair.

Yeh i will probably just sweep floors, make the drinks, maybe wash hair if im lucky!...but at least i will be involved with people coming in regularly and not in some office!:p But hey, i dunno yet! :D

:lol: @ Shukes...aww poor you :)
    Worked with my Uncle for a week

He was builder type person *(Was an interesting experience)*

Must have drank about 100 cups of tea... and heard some well rude jokes:lol:
  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 Incredible Poster
    I was a boring office trainee, didn't do anything like, drank coffee, rang a few people, had a good laugh :)

No real work experience than the real world of work itself, not just 2 weeks somewhere :)
    experience i have loads of.
    work ...whats that?
    is it that thing thats only for fools and horses?
    i worked as a stablehand for 3 weeks. early starts and hard work, but i got free rides and it was june, so the weather was mostly laaarvely....
    I've done work experience at a t shirt company, work experience with my dad surveying houses and work experience at a haemophilia centre. :) I'm currently doing voluntary work at the local hospital radio station so I do some teching and presenting as well as visiting patients in hospital.
    Originally posted by Shukes
    Eurgh, work experience... I got forced into supervising a reception class in my old Primary School.

For a full account of my experience, click here :p

sounds fun. you gotta appreciate the little kids. i love em. :)
    i went to a plant nursery over the ENTIRE summer of 2002! traveling time was a bitch but the experience was well worth it :D
    Im too old for work experience this year lol, but when i did it i went to Willis Corun (sp) one of the biggest insurance companys, only went there cos i loved the building, its won awards! Theres a swimming pool, gym everything! and i got to use the lot for free :)
    For my year 11 experience I worked in a lab working with different chemicals and preparing biological samples for future experiments.
    It wasn't as boring as it sounds and they were making tea for me!!
    I did my work experience last February at the local combined Crown and County Court. Twas really good, I got to sit in on a lot of cases and at one point we had a murder trial where a man murdered his best friend! There were security guards searching those who went into the courtroom, news cameras and everything. :eek: They didn't let me into that trial. Not sure whether to be :( or :) about that.
    I went to a nursery, actually it was the nursery that I went to when I was an ickle 4 year old myself so it was fun seeing it from the other side. And it definitely made my mind up for me that I didnt want to work with kids!
    I worked in a dentist surgery for 2 weeks - i don't know what possessed me! I wish i went to an insurane firm/lawyer/solicitor, as i may have seen court cases, and a lot of people got monetary gifts afterwards, eg £100 cheque in one case!
    I went to a local go-karting track!
    It was fantastic....just used to 'test' the karts all day - another bonus was that i was the only girl there so got all the attention of the sexy mechanics, yay!:flirt:
    I've got mine coming up in July, doing it in a day centre for elderly people. Bet that's gonna be thrilling, huh? :p
    I went to Beales (department store) and helped to all the window displayes. lol Was very boring, and I only did it cos all the other arty jobs had been snapped up! hehe I'm working at a solicitors at the mo and we have a work exp. boy in the office, poor thing looks bored to tears!