Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Erm... Did I miss the point of being a human shield?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
An article which displays a bit if a contradiction...

First paragraph, left me in stitches "Almost all of the first British "human shields" to go to Iraq were on their way home last night after deciding that their much-heralded task was now too dangerous".

Doesn't seem to make complately sense in my eyes.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Others got angry with Saddam because he wouldn't let them be a human shield whever they wanted to be one.

What made them associate Iraq with freedom of any kind?

Joke around school is when someone is being stupid, people ask: ever consider being a human shield?
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

Joke around school is when someone is being stupid, people ask: ever consider being a human shield?

That joke has gone worldwide ;) Use it here as well.
    You have missed the point. :)
    Originally posted by monocrat

:lol:

What a friendly post!
    Re: Erm... Did I miss the point of being a human shield?
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    An article which displays a bit if a contradiction...

First paragraph, left me in stitches "Almost all of the first British "human shields" to go to Iraq were on their way home last night after deciding that their much-heralded task was now too dangerous".

Doesn't seem to make complately sense in my eyes.
    not often i agree with jaq but i have to here. stooopid stooopid people!
    Wonder if they had any problem getting past HMCE when they returned? ;)
    Originally posted by monocrat

Which was?
    Others got angry with Saddam because he wouldn't let them be a human shield whever they wanted to be one.

What made them associate Iraq with freedom of any kind?

They don't associate with freedom PNJ. They wanted to protect the Iraqis from US/UK bombs.

Freedom is a fluid thing, as the US administration is currently demonstrating.
    I'd like to see it even more fluid...lot's and lot's of blood spilled by anyone who in anyway supported Saddam or his thugs.

Meantime. Iraq released good propoganda today. It said a bus full of Americans in the peace movement were bombed in Iraq today. They were human shields.

I hope that's true.:lol:

I hope that's true.:lol:

Call them stupid, but hoping for them to die, makes you a scumbag!
    You are beyond help pnj.
    They're traitors Jac. Get it?

they're traitors because they are going against the country, whom has it's first ammendment, or one of the things in the bill of rights, as freedom of belief, and freedom of action? so by using their freedoms they are being traitorous? doesn't that make america one massive hippocrite?
    pnj is simply too propagandized to comprehend reality dreamer, leave the boy to his fascist programming, he's well and truly a mindless product of Washington now.

(edited to say, ahhh perhaps now ill have some peace not being able to see pnj's posts any more.)

I will agree with you, that their actions are stupid and foolish. I will aree with you, that they brought themselves into the mess. But there I draw the line. I've stated before that in acts of war, I do not condone civilian deaths, though I do know that it can't be avoided. That means that I do not support the deaths of innocent on either side.
    To wish these people to die, and actually taking joy in it, is exactly as the "other side" celebrating "our" deaths.

As said, they were stupid. And it's their own fault. But I certainly won't take joy in their death.
    You're right. An American going to the country we are fighting is expressing himself...as a traitor.

That word is almost medievil. If the majority of America is like you PNJ then I hope that God is asleep or doesn't exist because the nation that is supposed to be his greatest servant is made up of bigoted, ignorant thugs
    You're right. An American going to the country we are fighting is expressing himself...as a traitor.

as much as I disagree with them and really wouldn't feel pity if they were killed as a result of their own foolishness, theyre not traitors for several reasons but the main sticking point being that they dont take arms up for Iraq, nor has it been proven that they gave aid or comfort to the enemy.

In a case like John Walker Lindh, he did indeed take up enemy arms, may or may not have fired upon US troops and definitely gave aid to the enemy. A traitor, in the truest sense of the word.
    Originally posted by DevilMan
    the main sticking point being that they dont take arms up for Iraq, nor has it been proven that they gave aid or comfort to the enemy.

Spies don't take up arms either...

Anything which helps the "enemy's" war efforts against your own country is the act of a traitor.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    pnj is simply
    correction : pnj is simple. that simple in fact that he and all his other schoolboy friends will be giggling!
    one day it will hit you slap in the face that the real traitors are those in the white house. it's a promise pnj. it will dawn on you one day. will you feel foolish then or will you admit to youthful ignorance?