Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How f***** up is this? I just started back to work today after being off for 2 weeks, with tonsillitis, I wake up today with a horrible cold, I feel crap and its only the first day! Does anyone have any remedies? Im taking vitc and buttercup syrup and paracetamol but i feel no better :(

Comments

• Options
    Turn your central heating off....Germs will breed in a moist and warm environment, drink plenty of water, take Garlic and Ginger tablets and don't burn the candle at both ends
  • Options
    when i get a cold i usually take paracetamol and sudafed and drink as much orange juice as i can...

then again, i get so many colds i'm kinda used to them now....
  • Options
    if you're head feels all bunged up and heavy and stuff, try having a really steamy bath, that always helps me, cos it helps to unblock everything! and I guess it helps you to relax and stuff which is always good! good luck and hugs ;)
  • Options
    get some echinacea tablets from a health food shop or a chemist, and take a couple of them. then get some actimel probiotic yoghurt drinks, as they are good for keeping colds at bay.
    get some flu strength lemsips too, or if you dont like them, just a couple of paracetamol is quite effective.
    make yourself home made honey and lemon drink by squeezing a lemon into a mug then topping up with hot water and a couple of spoons of honey. then a little bit of brandy in it too really helps.
  • Options
    You should try getting a large bowl of hot water, putting a few drops of Olbas Oil in there, put your head over it and inhale (even better if you also put a towel/cloth over your head) then let it all out. This usually helps if I'm all bunged up with a cold.
    As was said before, you could also take some echinacea but you will not see immediate effects with this as it builds up your immunity gradually.