Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Contemporary Issue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I need some help for my coursework. I need an example of a contemporary issue. Make sure it's not an ethical issue. I know what that is, but I don't know what a contemporary issue is. If you could find a website I would love you.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Contemporary means modern, so it could be a current issue or an issue that was, until recently, important.

What is the subject? You said it cannot be ethical, but can it be controversial? Without knowing the subject, there are many possibilities, including the current war; GM foods; increasing pub opening hours; and 'designer' babies. The list is seemingly endless.
    The growth of mobile phone usage, introduction of congestion charges, human cloning (although this is quite ethical) etc
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    including the current war; GM foods; increasing pub opening hours; and 'designer' babies. The list is seemingly endless.

I would say that they all have ethical considerations, though most issues do.........
    Originally posted by Toadborg

I would say that they all have ethical considerations, though most issues do.........

Yep, most do. In fact, it is difficult to think of issues which do not have any ethical connotations. Perhaps Lord Woolf's relatively new changes in sentencing for repetitive offenders (bulglars) or the proposals about introducing one sentence for those convicted of having a non-licenced firearm.
    The GM foods one sounds quite good, I think I shall go with that one, and you're right, they all have ethical considerations.