Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is it wrong of me to....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
think that overweight women are unattractive? I don't mean to offend but I just prefer slim females.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It isn't wrong for you to think all fat women are unattractive..its your opinion and your understanding od desirability..

however

you could say

I think all overweight women are unattractive
    but not follow it up with

therefore ALL overweight women are unattractive

as to some people Overweight women are not unattractive.

Like I could say

I don't like bread and butter pudding
    therefore bread and butter pudding is disgusting
    bread and butter pudding is disgusting for everyone

obviously not true..

some people like bread and butter pudding..I happen to hate it therefore I will not eat it..
    Re: Is it wrong of me to....
    Originally posted by monocrat
    think that overweight women are unattractive? I don't mean to offend but I just prefer slim females.
    wow, good for you :rolleyes:
    Why shouldn't it be 'good for me'?
    Why not? I feel the same sometimes, I don't think i've ever fancied a black guy. This isn't at all because I'm racist, just my preferences on looks, but I still get a bit of hassle about it.

I agree with what Byny said (although i had to read it a few times to get the analogies!) - it's a personal thing what kind of people you are attracted to, as long as you don't say 'fat women are unattractive.'
    No it is not wrong - it is your opinion but I feel like it is a little closed minded of you.
    Why is it closed-minded to have a 'type'? Doesn't everybody have one? :)
    I think she means it's closed minded to rule out 'fat women' - ie. not to even look at someone because she's fat. You might meet a really sexy, lovely, attractive woman who doesn't fit your exact specification and you may still fancy her even if she's overweight.
    its not closed minded, its up to you, its just a bit of a stupid post. You dont have to fancy ANYONE, its not wrong, its just a fact that some people you find attractive and others you dont. I dont think ive ever particularly fancied an obese person - its not my fault, I just havent. Ive never fancied an old age pensioner either, nor have I ever fancied an amputee, I also dont tend to fancy most people I see from day to day.
    If you look around you next time you go up town, I bet youll find that most people are plain and ordinary in your eyes, but occasionally youll see someone who you find physically attractive. The thing is even the plain and ordinary looking people arent plain and ordinary looking to everyone else - they probably all have someone who fancies them or who has fancied them in the past. If we all fancied everyone it would be a bit weird.
    Of course attractiveness is subjective. And? :)
    Of course attractiveness is subjective. And? :)
    well you bloody posted it, whats the point of asking is it wrong for you not to fancy fat people, if you already understand that its subjective anyway?
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I think she means it's closed minded to rule out 'fat women' - ie. not to even look at someone because she's fat. You might meet a really sexy, lovely, attractive woman who doesn't fit your exact specification and you may still fancy her even if she's overweight.
    Yes, that is what I meant.

Sure, everybody has a "type" but just because I don't generally go for really skinny blokes, or blond blokes, or ones who dress a certain way, does not mean that I couldn't fall for one.

I do agree with Rainbow Brite though - you posted the topic and asked for opinions, why bother if you already know taste is subjective?
    Are you just trying to cause an argument or do you want people to help you justify your feelings?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, thoughts and preferences, and no one can completely stop them. However, it is morally important to be tactful and sensitive and to avoid disclosing any unfair, unkind or discriminatory opinions, thoughts or preferences, unless there is true justification for doing so.
    No it is not wrong of you!!!

I don't find fat men attractive at all , i prefer tall 'thinner' well built men!!!

And it doesn't mean that i am saying that all fat men are unattractive!! - It is just what I like!!
    Question for you then monocrat.

You meet a girl. She's slim, sexy everything you want. You fall in love. You get married. Every day is better than the last. And then she gets fat. Do you suddenly not love her or fancy her anymore? You just call it a day?

True. Alot of it has to do with first impressions. And your first impression of fat people doesn't float your boat. But there are people out there who ONLY like fat people. Or coloured people. Or blondes. Or animals :eek2:

Age, size, colour, etc doesn't really faze me. It's all about inside. Humour, intelligence and the ability to make me feel good are more important that some kinda 'trophy' woman on my arm.
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

You meet a girl. She's slim, sexy everything you want. You fall in love. You get married. Every day is better than the last. And then she gets fat. Do you suddenly not love her or fancy her anymore? You just call it a day?

True. Alot of it has to do with first impressions. And your first impression of fat people doesn't float your boat. But there are people out there who ONLY like fat people. Or coloured people. Or blondes. Or animals :eek2:

Age, size, colour, etc doesn't really faze me. It's all about inside. Humour, intelligence and the ability to make me feel good are more important that some kinda 'trophy' woman on my arm.
    [/QUOTE

*Claps*

That was a brilliant reply & I totally agree with you NinjaMaster :)

I'm not shallow (if anything I dislike 'shallowness') but if someone WANTS to judge on looks, then why not?

As for your argument, it's only natural for people to lose looks over time. I wouldn't divorce someone simply because they were overweight.
    I wouldn't divorce someone simply because they were overweight.

But to go back to your original statement you find fat people unattractive. So why stay married to one?
    The way I see it is that people tend to go for people their own size. But sometimes this differs. I don't think its wrong in liking people who are thin or a bit on the heavy side. Except you shouldn't rule people out just because they are one of these. That might be the only thing wrong with them and the rest is perfection in your eyes.

But to go back to your original statement you find fat people unattractive.

Why the hell should I not? Because it offends you?
    Why the hell should I not? Because it offends you?
    It doesn't offend me your just confusing me.

You originally said that you find fat people unattractive. I gave you a scenario of falling in love with a thin girl who turns fat. You said that you wouldn't leave them just cause they was fat.

So if you wouldn't leave a fat person why not get together with one in the first place.

I know plenty of fat (or larger than norm) people and they are some of the best people I know. Their inner qualities shine through the layers of fat and you don't even notice their size.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion (as we all are) but I think you are contradicting yourself.
    Its not wrong. Its up to you. I'm sure lots of overweight girls wouldn't find *you* attractive. And that would be up to them too.

I don't find thin guys attractive. So I don't date them. Simple.
    We all have diffrent tastes in the opposite sex, and just because you dont find overweight people attractive doesnt mean theres anything wrong with it!! Funny you got me thinking, i dont actually have a taste in men, I have been out with fat, thin, tall, small? Oh dear lol
    if i married a thin chick and she got fat, i'd probably find her less attractive physically as flabby dangly jiggly bits don't quite do it for me.

i'd still love her, but i wouldn't find her as attractive as i once did.
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

i think everyone has a 'type' even if they say they dont and when your at a party obviously looks are going to be what first draws you to that person, its a shame because no everyone fits into someones type and it might mean you're missing out on a relationship with someone amazing just coz they arent your type. i do, so i'm not trying to be morally higher than everyone else but then there are alot of people who dont fit into my idea of 'my type' yet they are most likely fantastic people, its a shame coz some guys i've met who are stunning can be absolute wankers. no offence, us girlies are probably the same in that sense.