Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Al Qaeda fighting for Saddam.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im not surprised if Al Qaeda elements have joined in. This is no indication of Saddam's collusion with them but rather their seizing of an opportunity to kill Americans and British whom they view as perpetual aggressors in that region. I wouldnt be surprised if we see any Iranian elements joining in too given Bush's idiotic Axis of Evil threats.

He cannot act surprised now if much of the Arab world rises up against us. I only pray that my fellow countrymen snap out of the stupor this administration and its compliant media have cast over the nation and realise how much greater future danger and instability Washington is leading our nation and the world headlong into.
    I can see the idea behind the war now...

Mr Blair wants to reduce the impact the IRA warnings and attacks have on our lives...
    Soon the IRA attacks are going to pale into insignificance when Al Quiada start their revenge for the people or iraq.

Man, am I glad i don't live in the capital.
    it would not surprise me if hundreds of thousands of arabs and persians don't start pouring over the borders to support iraq.
    what will realy surprise me is if we win this war!
    Last night it was reported that busloads of Iraqis are returning from Jordan, where they had a much better chance at a decent life, because they feel its their duty to their families and their country to fight against the invaders. All in all, it is becaoming increasingly apparent that Bush & Co. took far too much for granted in arrogantly storming in to take over.

Moreover, an interesting report by Richard Blystoke (sp?) on CNN International yesterday focussed on the oil fires and the oil itself with substantial comment over how greatly controlling these reserves will reduce the cost to the average American commuter at the pumps.

I had been waiting for just such commentary to begin unmasking what has long been argued as the principal underlying cause of the Bush admins long held plan to conquer the country (notwithstanding the annoying delays caused by the charade of the "UN route" endured by the Washington hawks for PR purposes).

Its always been about controlling the oil. So since Saddam wont let us control its production then we'll put an acquiescent puppet in his place who will. But as it is turning out, not without a bloody fight.

liberation indeed! :eek2:
    Most of the terrorists and Jihaders are kinda retarded though Clandestine. A few are smart...but most are losers.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Most of the terrorists and Jihaders are kinda retarded though Clandestine. A few are smart...but most are losers.
    i have never before put anyone on my ignore list. you are disgusting! absolutely fucking disgusting.
    Well if you're backing Al Qaeda then by all means feel free to ignore me. Except for very few intelligent people who still are perverting the Muslim religion into a death cult, they are about as bright as that Shoe Bomber who walked around Brussles with the bomb in his shoe.
    Perhaps he thought he'd add some excitement to this city of grey suits. :lol:
    Well if you're backing Al Qaeda then by all means feel free to ignore me. Except for very few intelligent people who still are perverting the Muslim religion into a death cult, they are about as bright as that Shoe Bomber who walked around Brussles with the bomb in his shoe.
    oh i'm backing alqueda now!
    you are fucking scary. will the homeland security be knocking on my door then? america realy is becoming just like 1930's germany then. your proving that to the whole world with the stuff you say on here.
    MR I'm not for the war either. But the sanctions were a joke. Companies from every country...including the US were breaking the ban on technologies to Iraq.

What would u have done to contain Saddam?
    What does 'contain' mean in this context?

If it is to stop him invading other countires then a ban on arms sales (not all the other stuff) and a military prescence in the area along with the new fly zones and diplomatic pressure and support for opposition political groups would have done the trick I do believe.....

But then came 11/9 and the 'loss of innocence' (:rolleyes: ) and suddenly Iraq could be supporting terrorists....:crazyeyes
    Also on reading that link I am unsure why this wpuld prove a connection between Saddam and Al Qaida........

If the US invaded Germany a couple of years ago they would have encountered Al Qaida cells that would inevitably have attacked the US forces.

Doesn't meant the German govt was involved........
    Toadborg, pat me on the back for this if you remember. Remember I said I hadn't studied economics yet but that the war could cause a recession because Americans would stop spending money...they'd be glued to their t.v.'s? Well, I was right. They aren't buying. They aren't traveling as much. And they aren't even going to see movies as much...they're down 6%. It's pushing down the economy. (That's what hurt the US economy after 9/11. Americans kept watching t.v. instead of spending.) Like no one is traveling to Europe from America right now....and vica versa.

What would you have done to Saddam instead of war?
    Good prediction Pj......

I would have done what I said above, contain in a sensible manner.........
    A bit simplistic however to say people arent spending because they are busy watching the war on tv. More to the point is the random manner in which the administration has handled the domestic economy, leaving most people highly uncertain of continuing work and income. That above all else is what drives down consumer confidence.
    MR I'm not for the war either. But the sanctions were a joke. Companies from every country...including the US were breaking the ban on technologies to Iraq.

What would u have done to contain Saddam?
    i'd have no fly zones to the north and south. i'd have sattelite imaging. i'd have a huge ammount of weapons inspectors, slowly and laboriously working away at their task.
    i would have very few sanctions against a war torn battered and opressed people. very few. i would not dream of denying sick children the painkillers and other medicines they desperately need. i would not prevent antibiotics and disenfectants from reaching hospitals. i would jail (strangeways preferably)any company director who traded in the few engineering/scientific products that i would agree to sanction. we know who these people are from america, britain, france etc. on the whole i would have allowed iraq to trade quite openly with the west. i might even have bombed the place with food and medicine.
    i would have had some very shady characters around baghdad for years if neccessary. you know those arab americans your always going on about, doing their best to undermine saddam. doing their best to recruit people. in the first instance i wouldn't have encouraged him to invade iraq!
    i keep hearing that saddam has had twelve years to comply with our demands. when you push people they dig their heels in. it's always more productive to lead people. WE ...we have had twelve years with our supposedly superior morals, superior education, superior political system to sort the problem out. we were doing quite well and then there was a right wing coup in america and george bush and his masters appeared and wrecked the whole fucking process!
    That sounds good MR. The last sentence went over my head. Not saying I don't agree with it.

This war is all part of the strike first Bush Doctrine...which until I saw my first war made sense...but now I think...this is the best the world can offer itself? Also, the idea of American soldiers going into country after country...to what end. I think in terms of protection against extremist Muslims....shore up the borders between Canada and Mexico. Tighten up the immigration policies and ability for the FBI and CIA to gather information. Do what they're doing...have more FBI agents worldwide gathering information on groups. And I agree, use special ops guys to take extremists out. This war is like a huge combination of terrorist attacks and war. It's horrible. And now, they'll never leave until they're done because of what Bin Laden said: hit America hard enough and it will back off. Now we won't.

MR, I used your answer to answer Aladdin's question about eating your words regarding the war. Gave you credit of course. What you said is the way to go.
    Re: Al Qaeda fighting for Saddam.
    Short article from the Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/24by7panews/page.cfm?objectid=12787211&method=full&siteid=50143

Proves the Peace protestor's point! Al Qaeda have joined the fighting in what will become an east/west war. Syria are already getting sucked in, give it a few months and Iran will be next, then revolution in Saudi Arabia, then a wave of revolutions against western backed govts. You just wait until the fanatics in Israel get involved and start chucking nukes around.
    Italy picked up 8 members of the Al Qaeda group based in Northern Iraq and the US found paperwork that will allow them to pick up a group in the United States. When I think of what these Muslim perverts...people who are pervertig their religion into a death cult...could have done...over-riding the Iraqi Al Qaeda cell is worth the war...or at least a special ops group going in and getting them.
    Italy picked up 8 members of the Al Qaeda group based in Northern Iraq and the US found paperwork that will allow them to pick up a group in the United States. When I think of what these Muslim perverts...people who are pervertig their religion into a death cult...could have done...over-riding the Iraqi Al Qaeda cell is worth the war...or at least a special ops group going in and getting them.

Please don't describe them as 'Muslim Perverts' I imagine it does nothing at all for the easily impressionable.

They are 'Fanatics' or just 'Terrorists'.
    You do realise pnj that where Saddam had control there were no Al Qaeda terrorists to be found?

I wonder what will happen once the war is over and when the Americans finally pull out... I wonder how many Muslim extremists and would-be terrorists will be based in Baghdad itself now that the coast will be clear...
    More Al Qaeda fighting for Saddam...or trying to. Lies always come out:

Italian authorities arrested two Kurds, an Egyptian and a Somali suspected of being affiliated with Ansar al-Islam, the group in Kurd-dominated northern Iraq linked to al Qaeda, said Italian police officials. The four men were detained Monday as they were preparing to leave Italy for Iraq.
    So presumably since there was at least 1 American citizen fighting for the Taleban it is safe to say that America has links with the Taleban and supports terrorism?

Regardless of anything else that he might or might not have done, Saddam has no links with Al Qaeda. Any members of Al Qaida or other terrorist organisations who enter Iraq to fight the Allies do so out of their pure hatred for them, not because of links between Saddam and Al Qaida.
    I really don't believe you made that comment. MR may have over-reacted, but this comment needed it.
    Why are they retarded? I'm assuming you mean stupid. You'll find that, as with almost any organisation or group, there will be a range of different intelligences, some who may be 'retarded', some who will be very clever. By the same logic, I could say that most people who believe in any God are 'kinda retarded', since it is an opinion that goes against some of my most basic principles. But we know that that isn't true... ;)
    Ah ha. Gottcha. Then blowing yourself up for God, Allah, is retarded.:naughty:

In your opinion. If you believe it is the right thing to do then obviously it isn't.

I personally think its a tragic waste of life but the people perpetrating these acts aren't stupid, they are consumed with hate, fear and grief. Only extreme kinds of emotion could drive people to such things.
    Is it? I'm sure there are many people who have quoted variations on the famous MLK statement about dieing for something you believe in.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    You do realise pnj that where Saddam had control there were no Al Qaeda terrorists to be found?

I wonder what will happen once the war is over and when the Americans finally pull out... I wonder how many Muslim extremists and would-be terrorists will be based in Baghdad itself now that the coast will be clear...

The worry is that in the Arab world we can have either secular dictatorships, or Islamic democracies ('cause that's what the locals tend to vote for) but not the lovely secular democracy that we and the yanks want.