Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What IS flirting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, me, the inexperienced shy person :angel: would like to ask you guys what actually constitutes as flirting?

I mean, just smiling, or talking, or what?

I mean, I kinda do know how to flirt, but I was wondering if I'm actually flirting or just being friendly. And them as well....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Flirting is a way of showing someone that you like them. Asking questions and showing a willingness to get to know the other person. Smiling reflects happiness and its a sign that someone likes you. Also if a guy holds a girls gaze for a while it may show he's interested in her. Touching is another form of flirting. I think I subconsciously flirted with my current boyfriend without actually realising what I was doing if you know what I mean. Basically flirting is a way of communicating that you like someone.
    Jac not entirely true because some people flirt for a laugh or to get something they want.
    everyone has their own way of 'flirting' whether its becaus they like a person or just to get something. Personally, if i like someone, i dont try to flirt, i guess it just comes naturally bcause i'm unaware that im actually flirting. Then my mates will be like don make it too obvious that you're flirting!

Just do whatever comes naturally around the particular person :)

But erm, yeh...thats me done :D
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    . Personally, if i like someone, i dont try to flirt, i guess it just comes naturally bcause i'm unaware that im actually flirting. Then my mates will be like don make it too obvious that you're flirting!

Sounds like me :) When I first met my current boyfriend (in a pub) I spent the whole time doing cutie lil smiles at him! It worked :p

But everyone is different in the way they go about it, just be yourself & relax :D
    I don't really tend to flirt, only if it is to get something I want. I mean, like Young and Sexy said, maybe I do flirt to people I like, but not to my knowledge! My current boyfriend... the first time i met him I just went over and said 'Do I get a kiss then?!" - totally alcohol fuelled confidence!!