Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Talking is better....surely?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive always been taught that it takes a bigger, better person to walk away from any conflict, argument etc.
So here we are at war and so many needless deaths, so many injured and what for?? surely we should sit down and keep talking !!

These people in high places are making all the decisions, id like to see them make the same decision if it was their Son/Daughter who was on that frontline. Id wonder how they would cope with the fact that everytime the phone rings they are thinking its that dreaded phonecall to say they have lost a loved one. Everytime they listen to the news and hear that another person from the armed forces has been killed and they dont even know where their loved one is. Yeah I suppose for the famillies they are going through hell at the moment......who wouldnt be :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    when i was a kid my old man was forever telling me that it took more of a man to sy no and walk away ...yes was nearly always the easy option. it didn't mean sod all to me until i got older. about 30!
    yeah, but bush got bored of talking so took it into his own hands to deliver the heathans from the darkness to the glorious light of the freedom that is those united states...or some such shit
    The trouble is not that people are not doing enough talking, it's that they are not doing enough honesty.

That, added to the problem that people tend to always think that what they believe others have to believe as well (eg : democracy is the best way)....
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    That, added to the problem that people tend to always think that what they believe others have to believe as well (eg : democracy is the best way)....
    there is going to be no democracy ...there is going to be no democracy ...there........
    come on, it's time some of you owned up. who here honestly believes the yanks would ever contemplate the iraqi people being alowed to vote for who they like? come on own up. come on ...
    I'm against war too Becky but here's a thought.

The UN was talking to Saddam...since before I could talk.
    It's true and sad.:(
    I see what you mean Becky but it is also true that Saddam has killed many of his own people thus it is not necessarily true that lives are being wasted now as this would be the case to some extent anyway.

I agree that diplomacy would have been better though and that war is unjustified.....