Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rangers v Celtic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did anyone actually watch the CIS cup final between Rangers and Celtic yesterday? I'm just wondering cos it was such a big thing in Glasgow but nobody in England really seems to care about it much. :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I watched it in the pub, but then I'm fae up north.

I think the Rangers v Celtic fixture is attarctive to English fans, although don't forget by the end of the week, Celtic will have had their last four games on nationwide terestrial TV. There's only so much all singing and jumping Scottishness the rest of the UK can take ;)

Mind you, I felt like walking out of the pub when the Huns started cheating and diving all over the place as per usual :rolleyes:
  • Options
    what was the score of the beggers v rangers
  • Options
    The CIS cup went back to Ibrox thanks to goals from Cannigia and Lovenkrands (Again!!). Larsson equalised and fat-man Hartson missed a last minute penalty. And Lennon got sent off. As usual.
  • Options
    I hope they play that well against the scallys on Thursday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin
    I hope they play that well against the scallys on Thursday.

So do I.

They woke up Friday morning and someone had nicked Celtic Park :p
  • Options
    Dilemma on Thursday though for the travelling supporters. Do they pick their giro up or travel to Liverpool and watch their team get humped. :chin: A tough one and i for one wouldn't want to be in their shoes :D
  • Options
    When celtic got the penalty at the end I just said to my dad "Klos isn't gonna save it". Turns out he didn't have to! When Fat Boy Hartson missed I nearly peed my pants!! :lol:

I'm sick of hearing the sore loser celtic fans saying that they were robbed or that they don't care anyway cos they've got bigger fish to fry on Thursday.

And I know its wrong but I was so glad when that cheatin diving scumbag Sutton got stretchered off. Makes it even sweeter that it was Balde who injured him!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    I'm sick of hearing the sore loser celtic fans saying that they were robbed

That sounds familiar. Reminds me on Man U fans after being humiliated in the Worthington Cup against the Mighty Reds. :chin: :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cheezie Grin

That sounds familiar. Reminds me on Man U fans after being humiliated in the Worthington Cup against the Mighty Reds. :chin: :yes:

Then again were used to Man U fans almost moanig. The pitch wasnt right, the ref robbed us Beckam forgot his lucky thong etc:....:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    There's only so much all singing and jumping Scottishness the rest of the UK can take ;)

Scottishness and Celtic don't mix.......... Or have you never noticed the sea of Irish tri-colours that pollute Hampden when the beggars turn up?

Mind you, I felt like walking out of the pub when the Huns started cheating and diving all over the place as per usual :rolleyes:

The noticable divers and cheats in the SPL are Larsson, Petrov, Sutton, Hartson and Agathe. Balde is not so much a diver, but is a cheat.

See the common link between these players?
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm

See the common link between these players?

At last Celtic players don't spit in other people's faces :rolleyes:
  • Options

At last Celtic players don't spit in other people's faces :rolleyes:

May 8th 1999. Mark Viduka gobs on Marc Millar at East End Park.

Or does that one not count?