Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Beijing curbs anti-war protests.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/03/30/sprj.irq.china.protests/index.:

K- Our friends are holding anti-American marches and China doesn't want any anti-war protests cause they might "offend America."

S--u--r-e. I understand that. crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    Indeed, it wouldnt do for one of the world's premier authoritarian and repressive regimes to offend Washington and cut themselves off from our continued funding. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Beijing curbs anti-war protests.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/03/30/sprj.irq.china.protests/index.:

K- Our friends are holding anti-American marches and China doesn't want any anti-war protests cause they might "offend America."

S--u--r-e. I understand that. :crazyeyes:

we (as in the chinese nation) could call you scum sucking capitalist pigs, and have the same effect, but that would hurt everyone else as well, so instead, anti-america marches. ONLY IN CHINA BABY!! :D

seriously though, since the majority of the american population are behind bush, it makes sense. china and america have a history of animosity, so the anti america marches are just adding to it, instead of actually going against american policy, which your government could construe as a hostile act and bring the wrath of George Ws fist down on our already crippled economy.
  • Options
    Crippled?

Some of the best performance in the world for the last decade last i looked..............:confused: