Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The new girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone else ever had problems with an ex's new girlfriend, when you've been the one who finished with the ex?

I finished with this guy who I had been kind of seeing about a month ago, I was never really into him ,was on the rebound and realised it was totally unfair so I did the best thing and got out...of course he was pretty upset, and now quite soon after he is with another girl. I'm not sure whether he's doing it to try and make me jealous or whether that's what she thinks he is doing and so is insecure, but anyway she's giving me hell.

Unfortunately we all work together, and she's also at my college..and every time I see her she gives me evils, her friends say stuff, they laugh, etc etc, just anything to get at me. Today she was overheard telling a friend that I was "the one with the blonde hair", so obviously pointing me out for someone else to have a go at me. She also sent me a text via his phone saying "hi, just thought you'd like to know your ex is really good in bed", and it was definitely from her not him. It's all really immature but it's driving me up the wall, and actually really upsetting me now.

I'm not sure how to get her to stop, because I don't really know her that well and I'm useless at confronting people, I'll just burst into tears. I can't stand it any longer though!!! I have nothing against her, there is no danger that I am going to steal him back of her, I think she actually knows this, yet she is still making my life hell...:(

Any ideas what I should do? Sorry this is a bit of a long post!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know what you should do but she does seem to be very insecure.

Did you delete the text message? Are you still friends with your ex?

If you are still on good terms with him can you go and talk to him about her, and say she is upsetting you. Hopefully he will be sympathetic and tell his new girlfriend to pack it in. Other than that there's not much advice I can give, sorry. (Other than the walk up to her, give her a slap, and walk away... but that's not really the sensible option)
    thanks for the reply!

hehe no i don't think slapping her would go down too well....
    I was on speaking terms with him until this...and I tried to talk to him and he said "i'm not telling her what to do"....oh and another annoying thing, i was talking to him on msn about it and it turned out later that she had been behind him for the whole conversation and he hadn't bothered to tell me...so she knows that it's annoying me and is therefore deliberately doing it more.

Grrrr!
    i havent really got any advice.... sorry.... jsut thought id tell u ive been there 2. Was with this bloke 4 four months and when we split we swore wed stil stay best mates... which we did. Till she came on the scene. He fell for her and he loved her so much it was really sweet. (despite the fact that she was a jealous cow about our past) but then she gave him the ultimatum that he stopped talking to me and even bein in the same room as me or shed dump him.... WTF?! (he did what ushe said too :() i dont get why the new gfs get all worked up. Guess theyre insecure or something. Just tell her ur not interested in him and she can have ur seconds :P
    tell her that she obviously has lower standards than you, if she doesnt mind having your cast offs.
    Perhaps she is scared you will want him back or something and by making shallow (and probably false) comments such as those you say, she is making herself feel superior. You can either ignore her completely (hard seeing as you work together) or confront her and tell her you don't want anything to do with her or your ex.

If she doesn't take any of that then give her a good slap and storm off ;)
    She's probably behaving like that because SHE's the insecure one. After all, she may worry that he still has feelings for you or vice versa, so she's taking it out on you.

Try talking to her, and telling her that you have nothing against her, that she needn't worry about having competition with him and you're quite happy for her to pick up your cast-offs (nice one rainbow brite!). Just let her know that it's not on to be so bitchy and she shouldn't behave in such an immature way. Maybe if you have a conversation with her, some of the tension and hostility will relax a little.

Um that's a bit weirdly written but hope it helps!!
    thanks for all the replies guys :)

I'm gonna see how it goes at work next weekend and if it's still a nightmare then I'm definitely going to attempt to have a word with her.