Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is she into me????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please listen to my story....
When I was 17, I started my first office job in Edinburgh. I was there for 6 months. During this time I was flirting mad with a few girls. There was this one girl in particular called Fiona who I snogged eventually, we'd been flirting for ages but she had a long term boyfriend. It ended up I met someone else at that office and had a 3 year relationship.
So - up to date - 5 years later, I work for another Bank in Edinburgh, it turns out that Fiona also works for us but in a different area. We occasionally e-mail each other but it's just general banter, none of the flirty stuff we used to get upto. She's just finsihed with her long term boyfriend of about 5 years (in January).
We actually bumped into each other about 2 weekends ago - we shared a laugh and talked about the old times for about ten minutes but she had to go. Within that 10mins though, she commented I had put on a bit of weight (in the nicest way I might add), and this is true, I have pretty much ballooned and am only now getting back on top of things.
Now - I don't really fancy Fiona at all, but dare say I would like to see her again and see if we can spark up that old romance! I got the feeling after out metting tho that things had changed slightly and she showed no apparent sexual interest if you like.
However, today I got into work and there was a birthday card on my desk, I opened and to my surprise it was from Fiona! It was a classy PlayBoy card, and she had wrote - to Gary, Have a Great Birthday and don't get too steamin, Lots of Love, Fiona xxxx etc. Now this may seem normal to some - but I wouldn't consider myself to be that close to Fiona and certainly not for her to remember my birthday, (I've never told her recently what my DOB was).
This gave me an excuse to e-mail her, which I did. I wrote and said, thanks very much etc and asked how she was. She said fine, gave me some general banter then her last point was how's the love life?
I thought, great, right to the point, I like it, so I immediatley replied it's 'pretty quiet' (I'm just having fun right now if you get what I mean - didn't say that to her) - I then in the same e-mail asked how her's was, hoping she'd say non-existant too, she wrote back and said that she was kinda seeing someone. I asked for an explanation.
She said she was seeing someone from her work but only for a week and that was that.
I asked how long she'd been seeing him and was it getting serious. She didn't reply.
I then wrote back about 4 hours later saying why did she not answer my question (in a polite way of course), she then said it was nothing serious and the he was just a lovely guy. I just made 1 last e-mail to say 'all the best, hope it go's ok! And that was that - I am a bit confused, as I say, I don't fancy her but wouldn't mind soemthing coming of it - I just wandered what you folks out there thought? Is she into me - is she no?

Comments

• Options
    You don't own the girl she doesn't need to tell you everything.
  • Options
    Well i think you should be able to anwer that question for yourself. In my oppinion she was just seeing how you were etc, and you have come on abit too strong asking about her love life, especially as you are just getting to know each other again...
  • Options
    I agree with Nash, lay off a bit about the love life. After all, if you aren't even sure that you still fancy her... why are you so interested?

To me it seems weird that you wouldn't mind some romance springing up out of meeting her a few more times, and yet you don't fancy her at all and don't think she fancies you.

It does look like she's just asking how you are and wanting to catch up with an old friend, chat and have a laugh. Why not just play along with it, ask her if she wants to go for a drink sometime and enjoy being with her - but DON'T come on too strong about the love life, about the 'other man' or about what might happen between you and her. Take it easy and you might either a) decide that actually, you don't want a relationship with her and it's nice just to be friends or b) find that you both are attracted to each other and want something to happen!

Good luck :)