Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

France wants US to win war.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20030328/ap_on_re_eu/war_france

There were stories from the UK yesterday that said the French wouldn't make a commitment regarding who they want to win the war. The French said they hope the US wins a short war.

France and the UK were always the top destinations for American tourists. And American tourists make up the biggest group of visitors to both countries. As of now, France is not even among the top 50 countries Americans have booked vacations to. Now here's an example of how boycotts hurt everyone. American Airlines might go bankrupt. Why? They fly to France among other things.

France is doing a bad job in conveying how much it has helped America regarding Al Qaeda...the real enemy.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its not France's fault. Blame the Bush administration and its arrogance along with the compliant spin drenched media for keeping the American public largely ignorant of the truth.
    Im just wondering PNJ but why do you feel the need to put up all this US-Spin and propaganda? Noone reads it right? (right?:nervous: )

Sorry if i sound hostile but it just seems the majority of topics on the forum is stuff posted by you can could be done without.
    #1. This was a post against boycotts.
    #2 Your post about yourself went unread mine are doing just fine.
    Blame the Bush administration and its arrogance along with the compliant spin drenched media for keeping the American public largely ignorant of the truth.

No Clandestine. I think it's the Fox Network. It's become popular and the most popular talk show guy, Bil O'Reily, has called for a boycott and continuously does topics against France.
    hmm.. And here was me thinking that france was anation populated by a larrge number of indiviuals who are capable of having indipendant thoughts and desires...

The truth is that france is a hive mind made up of mindless drones that only work towards the continuation of the hive mind.

The Hive mind has spoken and has declared itself for the US in the war....

OK, i'm being silly, and not even humerous while doing it (it's monday, sue me), but I actually think that maybe there are some people in france that may not agree with the opinion that has here been attributed to "france"...

When you say a nation thinks something, or says something you are just opening the doorway for prejudice and misunderstanding.

You're good enough to specify the bush administration, or the blair government... why not the same common courtacy (and accuracy) given to the french?
    coke, your wasting your breath. you are expecting a child to understand the dealings of men.
    They took a pole. Most people in France are against the war...but they want the Americans to win.:lol:
    I do not see why that is laughable, it is simply common sense.

The decision to make war and the carrying out of the war are seperate issues.....