Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My school's terrorist attack drills.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The point of this post for discussion is aren't terrorist drills in school a little over the top?

Since after 911 and the allies went into Afghanistan, found some Al Qaeda training camp and a list of things they were planning to attack…including schools, most schools have had emergency terrorism plans and some idiotic schools, *coughs* mine , have gone further and had drills and discussions. Because like the teacher says “we must be aware” “Where?” “What did she say.” “She says we must be a wherewolf.” “Boys!” That’s the way the discussion usually goes. Or did until my teacher called on me.

*pointing*

“What would yooooooou do if you saw Arab men with the traditional headdress coming towards you in the school yard?”

“Well, if they were dressed like you described, I’d ask them where the convention was and tell them Atlantic City is 40 miles north of here.”

*teacher turns beat red.”

Then I said, because the class laughed...

“I’m not going to be killed by a terrorist. I’m going to be killed by a teacher who looks like you do now, or more likely, that lady in the dark green minivan with the cell phone and Dunk’n Doughnut latte, frappo whatever who is always dropping her kid off late and just misses hitting me on my bike.”

*teacher laughs. Thank God it’s too nice a day to have detention.*

But what else is a boy to do but laugh at authority when authority is being silly?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nice to see you are seeing some sense....
    After 911 it used to scare me. Til my dad pointed out that we live in a beach town. And what would they go after to hurt the American economy...the rollercoaster on the boardwalk a few beaches up?

It's worst in my sister's school. She has a terrorism kit with a bucket and some junk in it.
    my god... i'd just mmm... cough... *probably* if my college had terrorist drills.

but seriously, as if any soldiers/terrorists are gonna get farther than their own countries border at the moment

there's very little chance that we (or you) are gonna get bombed. And if we do it'll prolly be from one of our own rebelling.
    All this frankly doesn't seem too weird to me.
    The school I used to go to was surrounded by a fence and barbwire. Cameras everywhere. And of course guards.
    We knew not to let anyone into the school, unless we knew them. And were always on guard, if something suspicious should happen.
    The police would drive by every 30 minutes, and when we were smll, we would just wave at them, not knowing that the situation wasn't exactly ideal.
    Hmm one of my previous primary schools was situated in an Army camp...we had a bomb scare once. We never had any drills though. To be honest if there were drills now, id just laugh.
    It's not only happening in America. My headmaster has bought about 40 crates of water and supplies of KitKat Chunkies and Fruit Winders and has put them into storage in case we all have to stay at school in the event of a terrorist attack. We also now have a plan of action if there is a terrorist attack - we in the Sixth Form should go to the library and then I should go to the Sports Hall and join the Third Form kids I look after as a prefect. The thing is the library has quite a few windows in it and I'm not sure it's the safest place - glad I get to go to the Sports Hall - that has no windows!
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    It's not only happening in America. My headmaster has bought about 40 crates of water and supplies of KitKat Chunkies and Fruit Winders and has put them into storage in case we all have to stay at school in the event of a terrorist attack. We also now have a plan of action if there is a terrorist attack - we in the Sixth Form should go to the library and then I should go to the Sports Hall and join the Third Form kids I look after as a prefect. The thing is the library has quite a few windows in it and I'm not sure it's the safest place - glad I get to go to the Sports Hall - that has no windows!

LMAO! that sounds almost as sad as what my mum is doing.... she's panic buying supplies incase we get bombed :rolleyes:
    Glad to know that my teachers aren't the only wierdo's scaring kids.:eek: