Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Impossible?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody else here find it impossible to lie to your girlf/boyf, and if you do manage it do you find you have to tell them the truth afterwards?

Comments

• Options
    no

i mean, yes, if i ever would lie of course. but i've never had the experience of lying to him, so acutally, i wouldn't know :D
  • Options
    Why would you want to lie?

I have lied before, sure, about whether or not I have work to do or whether I've been to uni. I don't find it difficult.

I wouldn't lie about important things though and the reasons I've lied in the past about the above is complicated.
  • Options
    i wouldnt lie, if it was something serious... built on trust and all that so yeah i would find it impossible in that sense. But then if it came to a little while lie to make him :) or to stop him worrying then id do it.

As long as i was lying for him 2 feel a little better about himself, and not a selfish or cowardly lie for myself i could do it.
  • Options
    Hmmm

I guess it depends on the situation that your are lying about! I could never lie to my bfriend about naything serious but if it was a little thing then I probably could! He usually see's right through me though :p

With ex's in the past then I have been able to lie (quite a lot) about serious stuff sometimes, but in the relationship I am in now he means to much to me for me to want to lie :)

Can you lie to Adam Rach?!! :)

Mwaaaa xxx
  • Options
    Re: Hmmm
    Originally posted by Mwaaaa
    Can you lie to Adam Rach?!! :)

Nope! Not that I have any reasons to lie, I was just wondering if others can because I don't think I would be able to lie to him!
  • Options
    i have lied to my ex-girlfriend about the past, with i love or don´t love her in the beginning of our relationship, and i miss her after she know the true after 1 year of the lie...
  • Options
    I only lie to them if they are treating me badly :eek2:
  • Options
    check my signature...:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    check my signature...:(

It´s exactly what happened with me :(

I stopped to lie and disappointed my ex :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Nick_BR

It´s exactly what happened with me :(

I stopped to lie and disappointed my ex :(

Why bother lying in the first place then?
  • Options
    what was the lie if you dnt mind me asking?

i once lied to an ex of mine, for some reason i told him i had a kid of 3 (i was 15 at the time) i dnt know why i did it, i even took it as far as introducing my godson as my son, he belived me for ages then my mam made me tell him, boring old cow, he was a bit pissed off at first but he ended up laughing about it in the end.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    what was the lie if you dnt mind me asking?

i once lied to an ex of mine, for some reason i told him i had a kid of 3 (i was 15 at the time) i dnt know why i did it, i even took it as far as introducing my godson as my son, he belived me for ages then my mam made me tell him, boring old cow, he was a bit pissed off at first but he ended up laughing about it in the end.
    :D I was gonna do that when I was 15 but then wimped out!
  • Options
    I can't lie anyway, I always have an insane urge to giggle when I'm telling a great big porky :)

Plus my boyfriend and friends know me waaaaaay too well. They can tell.
  • Options
    Ooh how exciting, I'm now officially insane :D