Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sti

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm probably going to sound really dumb here, but can you get an sti when neither partners have slept around before?

Comments

• Options
    i don't think so but then again i could be wrong.

so helpful, i know. :rolleyes: sorry.
  • Options
    I dont think you can either, but in that case where the hell did sti's come from in the first place coz the 1st person to have one couldnt have caught it could they? oooh im confusing myself :confused:
  • Options
    it's like the chicken and the egg, isn't it?:confused:
  • Options
    Sharing needles. For example.

And no angelbabe, i dont think it's possible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    it's like the chicken and the egg, isn't it?:confused:

Which came first?

The one with the smile on its face :)
  • Options
    :lol: good one!!
  • Options
    why do you ask?
  • Options
    lol
    very good point!
    its like the domino effect, something my RE teacher kept saying to me till i ended it.
    something starts everything, in her oppion god, but who the fuck started god!
    see solid proff that RE is a shite subject :p
    um i dont htink you can, you can cathc it from oral, but to be honest its a very low chance and AIDS you cannt cathc from oral i dont think, aids is the main 1!

hmmmmm
    monkey!
    yes monkey you heard me FUCNG MONKEY!

love ya!
  • Options
    I think I can answer most of your questions - but I can only tell you how it is in the US - it could be different elsewhere.

MOST of the time - when someone gets an STD ( called Sexually transmitted diseases in the states) - they don't know it until they have symptoms. So when you go to the dr. it doesn't really matter if you know who you got it from - as w/other illnesses each STD has its own symptoms. The dr. can test you for all of them if you ask - but if you're having symptoms they usually just test for the one they believe you have.

Unless it's AIDS I believe they can tell from a vaginal exam (have NO idea about men). Some STD have physical symptoms - they actually make you sick -and I'm not sure if you have to have blood tests done for them. I'm not sure about the AIDS tests - the length anyway - but I've had 3 of them done. They automatically ask consent to have a test done if you're pregnant - just to make sure - and by my next appointment - they usually had the results. I do know that you can't detect AIDS until AT LEAST 6 months after you come in contact w/the virus.

I have no idea how long the results from other tests take - but I there is NUMEROUS sites online that can answer most of the other questions.

HTH
  • Options
    Do you mean 'not slept around' as in 'not had lots of partners', or as in 'both of you are virgins'? If you aren't both virgins then there's more of a risk.

If you are both virgins then the only STIs you could catch are things like HIV or Hepatitis B - these can be caught in a non-sexual way by one partner who injects drugs etc with a dirty needle, and then it's passed on sexually to the other partner.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kathryn
    If you thought you could have caught an sti what would you do? Go to a GUM clinic

Do you just go to your doctor to get tested? or a hospital?
    Same as above, GUM clinics don't need your real name and it's not kept on records! Only your phone number is needed! Plus it's free..

And how do they test you, say you slept with a stranger you wouldnt know *what* sti you might have caught, do they test you for every possible one? Ask the nice people at the GUM clinic to test you for all of them, It's pretty painless and only takes 15-20 mins. That's well worth it!

How do they test for them? Blood tests? Urine tests? physical examination? Lol, only blood and urine are needed, plus they might need to take a swap from inside your penis/pussy:p

How long do the results take? A Week or two

As far as I know, you can get an STD if both people are free of STDs to start with, but you’d have to be doing anal sex without a condom on. And yours or your partner’s genitals would need to be cut!

The germs/ bacteria that are in your ass are very bad. And if you had an open wound on your knob, it might become infected with the nasty bacteria and give you an STD

I mean how else would a lot of gay men get HIV without doing drugs!?!?!