Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

does he-doesnt he?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im 16 female(and in need of a quick answer!)
ive known this guy for 5 years, but over the past 2 months we have got to know each other very well and become very close-never more than just friends though. i have been there when he has needed someone to talk to, which seems to be every night (!)on msn,phone,txt and we've met up a number of times outside school. hes always talking about his girlfriends or family problems. the thing is i like him more than a friend now. i said to him that i like a friend but cant tell him, cause it might ruin the relationship and that it might become awkward, and besides im 'just a mate'. he says that i could tell that person..but he doesnt know thats its him.what do you think i should do? tell or not? thanks for any replies

Comments

• Options
    I told my current boyfriend that I liked him a lot when we were friends. Luckily for me he turned around and told me that he felt a lot for me too :). It doesn't always work but if you really want to tell the guy how you feel go ahead. However, it might be a good idea if you find out who he likes at present it might be you or might not be. Hope it all works out for you.
  • Options
    Re: does he-doesnt he?
    Originally posted by bacardi
    he says that i could tell that person..but he doesnt know thats its him.
    Trust me, he may have some feeling that it is!

This was what it was like with me and my boyf. We were really good friends although we did not see each other all of the time. He told me I should just tell the person I liked that I liked them because he was sure they would like me too. So I did. And he did!
  • Options
    Tip to find out if he's in love with you...

Go away for a week or so - preferably on holiday so that you don't have a mobile/e-mail/landline he can get hold of you on. If he's going out of his mind by the time you're back, he's yours.

Sounds devious, but it's surprisingly effective!

Hope it works,

Helena
  • Options
    I agree with Bumblebee, he may have an inclination that it is him, and him saying that you should tell them may be a hint...
    You'll never know if you don't try...
  • Options
    Originally posted by HeliSheri
    Tip to find out if he's in love with you...

Go away for a week or so - preferably on holiday so that you don't have a mobile/e-mail/landline he can get hold of you on. If he's going out of his mind by the time you're back, he's yours.

Sounds devious, but it's surprisingly effective!

Hope it works,

Helena

No offence and I know its your first post but snap out of fairytale land now.
  • Options
    I reckon he definatly knows its him, and whats u to say hun, Its the risk you take with mates, if it doesnt work out it will only be uncomfortable for a few weeks, then things will get back to normal, if it does hey bonus :lol: