Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Baghdad Blogger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone else seen the article in today's Guardian, about the Baghdad Blogger (web log writer) who's been keeping a personal account of life in the Iraqi capital throughout the buildup and start of the war?
I find it really interesting and insightful, and better than trying to decide for ourselves what the Iraqi people might or might not think or want.

the blog

the guardian article

-BB

Comments

• Options
    Thanks. That's interesting.
  • Options
    I had a look at it when it was first shown to me, but decided pretty quickly that it wouldn't be worth following.

That is, it wouldn't be worth the feelings of guilt and impotance I'd feel when the blog suddenly stops one day.
  • Options
    Big Ben, you're ahead of the curve on this. I just saw a "news" story on this Baghdad site on Yahoo. When I saw the news story annoncing the site I thought...been there/done that.
  • Options
    not at all. it's been going for ages, and I've missed it until The Guardian had a news feature on it a few days ago.

I think it's unmissable now the war has started, his descriptions of exactly what's going on in Baghdad, what's on the state media channels. and reading it, you see he's just like you or me, but an Iraqi living in the capital under siege.

He's just today posted a few more days journals up until monday, as their internet link had been down. amazing that it's still up at all. but as Cokephreak says, it'll be a strange feeling when (if?) it does go quiet.