Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I stop?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I know this sounds like attention seeking, but really it isn't! I keep scratching myself and it has gotten so bad that i have scabs and scratches covering both hands and running up my left arm. I've started on my right arm now and I am getting really worried in case I won't be able to stop. I have spoken to my mum about it and she knows I am doing it because I am unhappy but I still don't know if I will ever be able to stop. Can anybody suggest anything to help me stop doing it? I don't want it to turn into OCD because I've spoken to somebody that has had OCD and they said it is hell to get out of, I don't want that to happen to me! Can you help me?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    heya

scratching is a form of self harm. its not linked to OCD, dont worry, however self harm can and will turn into an addiction (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). read the sticky at the top of this forum. its got good, practical advice from people who have been there before. it helped me and i am well on the way to recovery (i cut myself with a razor blade) also, go to ur GP. they will be able to advise you better.

hope all this helps!
    xx
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can only agree with what LittleMissy said. Read the sticky and you'll see you're not alone lots of people suffer, the thread is full of good advice, and with your mum knowing about your problem the next step is seeing your GP go for it:)
    xxx

(And to those who know me i am aware of the hypocrisy in my post but i'm only trying to help someone not as weak as me:))