Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

war and muslims

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On the BBC news theres a reporter traveling through the UK interviewing Muslims about the war...
Correct me if I'm wrong but this war has nowt to do with Islam or Muslims...or at least it shouldn't.
According to Bush and Blair it is about liberating an oppressed people from a dictatorship which is threatening the war with (Invisible) weapons of mass destruction.

Why on earth make an issue of the religion of the country???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Probably cause the Muslim and Arab countries, do focuse on some kind of alliance which they have.
    Just today a group of Muslims protested in front of the Saudi embassy here, saying that the Saudis were the reason behind the current war.
    A lot of Muslims do put a lot of weight on "keeping" together.

So that's probably why.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

So that's probably why.
    jaq. please explain what i'm looking at in your av. i saw earlier somewhere about it being a drummer but i can't make it out.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    jaq. please explain what i'm looking at in your av. i saw earlier somewhere about it being a drummer but i can't make it out.

Well, it seems to be a view from above and looking down on someone's back while they hump a person(?) while wearing black pants with a white belt. It's sexual at any rate.
    Go to the "image" thread, she explains it there.
    A lot of Muslims do put a lot of weight on "keeping" together.

So that's probably why. [/B]

As do any other groups.

I have seen that some Muslims (and others no doubt) do appear to think that the Iraqi campaign and TWAT are directed at the 'Muslim world'

Not sure why though......:confused:
    TWAT !? :confused:

The War Against Terrorism? LOL, I wonder if they realised...

maybe they'll also launch a campaign uniting non terrorist states, or a war against nuclear knowledge...

sorry.

BB
    :lol:

Diasarm Iraqi Chemical Kit?
    Contain Unruly Nasty Terrorists?