Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tips on Bar Work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
ive just been given a job working behind a bar, ive never worked behind a bar before however the landlady is giving me training soon, im a little nervous ill mess up, i know it just takes practice and time but i was wondering if any of you have worked in a pub before got any tips?
thank You

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Confidence is the key. You'll get used to everything - if you screw up, just let the customer know that you're new - it'll be fine.

Good Luck
    Depends on the pub, go at your own speed tho, dont rush or you will feck up or forget drinks !

Dont be fazed by all the drinks, most of the time you really only need to know about 5 !!

Good luck

:)
    Learn the names for drinks!

Ok so lager and wine and alcopops are easy to remember, but people may ask for Snakebite or Diesel or something and soda rather than water.... it all makes a difference!

Good luck though.

(this advice depends on what kind of pub it is though, if it is full of old men then you'll never need to know anything fancy!)
    Hiya. I've been working in a pub for a few months now and it does get a bit confusing but you improve in time. Like bumblebee said just take note of the different names that people give drinks coz thats what confused me.

Good luck :)