Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My M.P.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wrote to my MP last week and this morning I got a reply, with an assurance that she would look into the issues I had raised with her. I think this is brilliant because I did not expect a reply at all, but to get one so soon is great.

My mother did point out that they have to write back as it is their job etc etc but I know people who have written and got nothing back.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MPs seem to be getting better at replying constituents- today's technology helps a lot.

There is a website called FaxYourMP.com (link below) which will find your MP and fax him/her any message you write on the website for them. I haven't used it yet but I will.

fax your mp
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    There is a website called FaxYourMP.com (link below) which will find your MP and fax him/her any message you write on the website for them. I haven't used it yet but I will.
    This is the site I used, and it obviously works! I would recommend that anyone who has vaguely thought about writing to their MP actually use this site because it saves time and really, it takes very little effort.
    Re: My M.P.
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I wrote to my MP last week and this morning I got a reply, with an assurance that she would look into the issues I had raised with her. I think this is brilliant because I did not expect a reply at all, but to get one so soon is great.

My mother did point out that they have to write back as it is their job etc etc but I know people who have written and got nothing back.

No offence, but why is this a surprise?

It's your MP's duty to aid ALL her constituents.
    Re: Re: My M.P.
    Originally posted by monocrat

No offence, but why is this a surprise?

It's your MP's duty to aid ALL her constituents.
    but I know people who have written and got nothing back.
    The answer to your question was in my original statement, as was an acknowledgement that it is their job. :rolleyes: