Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Withdrawing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm trying to leave university at the moment but I have a problem about finance. I still have to pay the rest of my accomodation fees and I don't get my loan until the end of April. If I leave now will I still get the rest of my loan? Or do I have to wait until I get my loan before I can officially leave?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you leave uni then you are supposed to contact the student loans company immediately and they cancel your loan I do believe, my mate did similar last year but didn't tell them until after he got his last installment and had to pay them back.....
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My friend left her course at Easter last year.

If you still have some of this term left to complete then either complete it or fake illness (!!). Have a fab Easter, receive your loan and then announce that you are leaving. That is what my friend did.

If you state that you aren't going to attend another course next year then as soon as you get a job earning over the set amount you will begin paying back the loan.

However, if you are intending to start another course next year then tell then that and they will hold off you making repayments.

You can PM me if you don't understand that! I had quite a few friends who pulled out of courses at various stages!