Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tyranny around the world...

Robert Mugabe's latest handiwork.

I fully expect to see coalition troops marching on Harare in the next fortnight, given the fact that it is the US aim to quash tyranny and torture the world over.

Or maybe Im as naive as those who think the American aims are purer than pure?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and i expect the french and the welsh to attack america ...some hope aye! the good news is that we don't need to attack america.
    bush is bringing about his own downfall. unfortunately it will bring down decent american and british people. why cant most of the yanks see it though? that's the scary bit.
    Because MR, Washington has had a very effective spin machine in place for generations.

Keep them afraid of the outside world and largely ignorant of what you are up to and you can convince the public of just about any lie.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Because MR, Washington has had a very effective spin machine in place for generations.

Keep them afraid of the outside world and largely ignorant of what you are up to and you can convince the public of just about any lie.
    clan your obviously an inteligent man. i believe your a good man too. please go home and educate your people! don't let the left die in america ...please.
    How I wish I could but at this point in time it would be suicide to try to open the eyes of the majority and with Bush's new fascist entity, the DHD, prepared to violate any consitutional right to exert its authority and control over anyone who dissents too loudly or too effectively (critics are traitors dont you know!), Ill remain in Europe where people are much more savvy when it comes to world affairs.
    His visit to France must have made him feel he has a "world power":lol: in his corner.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    His visit to France must have made him feel he has a "world power":lol: in his corner.
    and you my poor deluded boy are in for a seriously rude awakening.
    No pnj, im content to stand my corner alone if need be. And at least I can say Ive been to France and know its people as well as those of numerous other countries around the world. You on the other hand comment only from inexperience and ignorance.
    Going back to the topic... there are many a terrible tyrant around the world that we barely get to hear about. I muss confess to a near-total ignorance of the state of affairs in most African nations- many of them governed by corrupt vicious thugs as bad as Mugabe. But then again, according to our media the only two countries in sub-Sahara Africa appear to be Zimbabwe and South Africa.

I can't help but think that we hear so much about Mugabe and so little about others because the former happens to target white farmers with European background as well as blacks. Papers like the Mail and the Telegraph do seem to devote an extraordinary amount of column inches to Zimbabwe and practically none to other African countries.

Other continents also have their fair amount of nasty governments and human rights abuses that go ignored. If our governments' wars were really motivated by human rights and freedom we would have invaded Burma ages ago.
    The central African Republic is going up at the moment, opposition froces have forced the president to flee and taken the capital.

A UN body set up a fund to go to humanitarian aid to help.

i kid you not the total size of donations so far (well about a week ago) is: zero........ :(
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2853429.stm

I am sure this area will be the next priority of the coalition to try and make the world a better place.....:rolleyes: :(
    Perhaps a tad lacking in taste but your comment, toad, or the last bit of it anyways immediately reminded me of the spoof on "We Are the World" aimed at Washington a couple years back: "We F-ck the World". Although it might be more appropo to sing "We Bomb the World...".
    Let's not forget the horrific situation in Africa regarding the pandemic of AIDS and HIV.

That's one war the American government will never be willing to fight. Can't have the multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies losing profits if generic medications are produced in and sold to developing nations.