Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

letters to cleo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone heard them? if so what do you think? i got their album wholesale meat and fish the other day, and it's excelent, there isnt one song on it i dont like.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've only ever herd the songs they did for the '10 things i hate about you' soundtrack. I think they're ok but i wouldn't go out and buy their album. :)
    I've only heard the tracks from "1o things" as well but I really liked them ...

particularly "I want you to want me" coz it's a class choon but also something that I'd really like to sing to a particular person! ;)

Incidently talking of "10 things" Julia Stiles is really kewl - she's also in this really kooky / subversive movie called "Wicked" which is worth checking out because it's clever & shows that she can do a lot more than these "teen" movies ("Save the last dance" need i say more??? :rolleyes: )

Yeh & I know "10 things" IS a teen movie but it's based on 1 of the best plays written "Taming of the shrew" :D

Keep on rocking!

luv

Fairytale_Babe
    I have heard of them, but I wouldn't know what they sang, or even what kind of stuff they do!

A mate of mine is really into them though. What kind of stuff is it? Like pop punk...?
    yeh, girly punk I'd say!

Also if anyone likes letters to cleo they may also wanna check out a pretty cool band called "Superchic[k]"

they have a website at

Official site
    Originally posted by Fairytale_Girly
    I've only heard the tracks from "1o things" as well but I really liked them ...

particularly "I want you to want me" coz it's a class choon but also something that I'd really like to sing to a particular person! ;)

Incidently talking of "10 things" Julia Stiles is really kewl - she's also in this really kooky / subversive movie called "Wicked" which is worth checking out because it's clever & shows that she can do a lot more than these "teen" movies ("Save the last dance" need i say more??? :rolleyes: )

Yeh & I know "10 things" IS a teen movie but it's based on 1 of the best plays written "Taming of the shrew" :D

Keep on rocking!

luv

Fairytale_Babe

I love Julia Stiles *points to her avatar icon thingy*

10 Things I hate About You is one of my favourite films! Then again so is Save The Last Dance hehe.

Same with me, the only songs I've heard by Letters To Cleo are the two on the soundtrack to 10 things I hate about you, but they are both good. I absolutely love Cruel To Be Kind, in fact I had it blasting away in my car today and it was great hehe :)
    Glad to see someone else luvs the luvly lady

I lurve ur avatar as well

Cruel to be kind has got to be 1 of the *ultimate* play LOUDLY tracks hasn't it???
    Originally posted by Fairytale_Girly
    Cruel to be kind has got to be 1 of the *ultimate* play LOUDLY tracks hasn't it???

Is that a cover?

So, they're a girl band are they?
    If so, that just put me right off, lol!
    They have a female lead vocalist but the band's mixed :)
    Cruel to be kind in the right measure, cruel to be kind is a very good sign, cruel to be kind means that I luv ya baby! You gotta be cruel to be kind!

Yes it's happy punk & as bands go they'll never reach the level of gods of music like Metallica ... but hey, if you don't have James Hetfield I guess you do what you can ;)