Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oscars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I am SO tired...having stayed up all night to watch the Oscars....and what aweird one it was!!

Michael Moore was wonderful and it was good to see he got booed and cheered in equal measure. I love the fact that people felt they could still speak out about the war/peace despite the organisers trying to stop them.
The Mexican actor who introduced the brilliamt song from 'Frida' (Which should have won best song) was fantastic too, and Susan Sarandon with her peace sign.

Hope they have Billy Chrystal doing the show next year though!

What does anyone think of the winners? Anyone seen any of the films?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure who won what award, but I remember seeing Nicholas Cage up for a nomination that he didn't win which I think was a shame as he is a good actor.
  • Options
    *stayed up too*

I loved the way the more excited Catherine Zeta Jones got, the more prominent her Welsh accent was :D

Funny to fuck.
  • Options
    I quite like Catherine Zeta jones because I think her relationship is genuine (a lot of people don't seem to think so) and she said she's putting her oscar in between Michaels two but hers will be slightly forward on the table which made me laugh.

I love the Oscars and I stay up every year...lastnight I fell asleep but my lovely bloke actually managed to wake up and wake me up just in time (Phew) even though he couldn't give a shit about the Oscars!

Nice To See Roman polanski win something too.