Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vitamin Overdose?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know vitamin tablets say take one a day, well wot would happen if you overdosed on them?
would you just be like mega healthy or something?
Dont worry im not gonna try it and i dont suggest anyone else does but just another strange thing i started thinkin about last night!

Luv tigerlilly
xx

Comments

• Options
    Vitamins aren't stored in the body - your body would take what it needed & get rid of the rest.
  • Options
    well thats just ruined all my interesting theories!
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    You can overdose on certain minerals and vitamins. Taking one extra dose of tablets will probably not do too much harm, but don't overdo it - more isn't always better.
  • Options
    Gives you the shits!

You most likely don’t need to take them any way. But if you do chose to take them, I doubt you’ll need to go over the recommended limit
  • Options
    i just thought it was funny when i was reading the tub that you should overdose on vitamins and minerals, i just had visions of people seeing in the dark and having things like super strength, like popeye or sumthin!
  • Options
    My mum said that you can't store vitamin C, but I did read somewhere that you can store up to three months supply. It isn't difficult to find because one orange a day (and many other fruits) will suffice.

I did read though that you can overdose in vitamin C, regardless to it being administered as a drug or in proper food. I'm not sure what the symptons are though.
  • Options
    If you reed a horse with light coloured hooves to many carrots its hooves go orange because it has to much keratin in its body. don't know what that really has to do with anything but i suppose it might be relevant in some strange sort of way.