Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bush to a Tee

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Bush to a Tee

So does 'Dubya' himself possess any links to Nazis?
    Only insofar as that is what provided the wealth of the Bush family and the start of their climb to the reigns of power. Corruption begets corruption and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Whilst I don't know anything about Bush's roots, isn't it then disrespectful to portrait Ari Fleischer (as much as I despise the man) as Nazi follower, when he's a Jew?
    I can't take such a site seriously, when demeaning people like that.
    You seriously underestimate just how right wing Ari Fleischer is.

He, like other Israeli-US dual citizens (already a conflict of interest there) around the president like Richard Perle and I believe Paul Wolfowitz as well, are all hard line right wingers and I do consider them to have adopted very Nazi-like attitudes of spin and secrecy whilst pursuing a very militaristic agenda that has been biding its time for more than a decade.

Religion doesn't necessarily make an individual or individuals immune to fascist beliefs and attitudes, especially if they can convince themselves that it is right. Fascism is actually only fascism to those who behold its effects, to those who hold such attitudes they simply see it as some divine imperitive of superiority. And if anything describes the driving posture of this admin, its arrogance, self-righteousness, and authoritarianism.
    Would someone please tell me of a specific accusation against the Bush family and provide me with a source that can be verified?

While one is perfectly within his rights to call President Bush a Nazi I think it a bit over the top. The anti-American vitriol spewed forth in such fashion is a bit over the top. Name calling and aspersions cast without detailed and accurate documentation does not serve to reinforce ones point of view!

The link provided in this thread was less than scholarly and certainly it was a tad biased. Please, can we refrain from name calling and remain civil in our discourse.
    Sure thing murph, here are a couple more substantive links on the matter of the source of the Bush family wealth from the days of Prescott Bush (Paternal Grandfather) and Herbert Walker (Maternal Grandfather)...

http://www.rememberjohn.com/Nazis.html

http://www.clamormagazine.org/features/issue14.3_feature.html
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Whilst I don't know anything about Bush's roots, isn't it then disrespectful to portrait Ari Fleischer (as much as I despise the man) as Nazi follower, when he's a Jew?
    I can't take such a site seriously, when demeaning people like that.

Religious allegiance plays no part in political leanings. All it does is illustrate that he is incredibly similar to the facists and the nazis, he merely picks on another racial group. Arbeit Macht Frei is deeper than a slogan to stick on a swastika; Ari Fleischer believes in the Nazi policy, but directs it against another racial group. And yes, I know what that slogan means, I just think its a rather nifty soundbite to summarise all the intricacies of nazi policy and belief.

Rather than being disresepctful because hes a Jew, it shows the xenophobia and self-interest of Fleischer. yes, it is disrespectful, but it is not racist disresepct. Its disrespect of scum.
    clandestine,

I daresay that a firmer tie could be made to the Kennedy clan.
    Joe Kennedy was a dyed in the wool anti-semite!

Why did the Roosevelt administration not let the Jews on the liner St. Louis disembark in America. Surely the American government knew what was happening in Germany. Why didn't the world express outrage while the murders were happening at the camps? Why didn't any government bomb the tracks or raise their voice in protest?

Both the west and the east used former Nazis. Disgusting but true!

I would like to find a link or a copy of the Dutch intelligence document. When was it compiled, where, and how? As I say I don't trust anyone.

As the charges against Bush's grandfather are based on this document I would like to peruse it if I could. I don't merely accept the word of anyone. I would like to do the research on this one.
    I am well aware of how dirty the Kennedy Clan is, murph. Being from Massachusetts hasnt given me any appreciation for them, quite the contrary. Nevertheless, the Kennedy clan dont hold the reigns of our nation, Bush and his cronies do and they are my principal concern.

As for the Dutch document, I have seen a copy but was not permitted to keep it so I cannot forward it to you. I can only suggest you contact the author of the unofficial biography and begin there. Perhaps he could provide you some reference to US documents as well.

Id be pleased to know what you turn up on either side of the pond.