Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

America must lead!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The French certainly cannot! We are the largest economy in the world! We are responsible for the success of most others. Our military reigns supreme! You will buy our music. You will wear jeans! You will be overwhelmed by American culture!

Let's face it folks we are the shakers and the movers and you are not! :lol: Face it, the Americans do what they want and the world is powerless to stop them!:yes: :wave:

FAce it, you know it is true! So bad mouth America and her leaders! In the end you wil be assimilated! Resistance is futile!:lol: :wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not for much longer murph. watch this space.
    by the way you have been assimilated by bushism but haven't noticed or are not sure what it is. bushism and rumsfieldism is anti-americanism. well disgiused obviously.
    Re: America must lead!
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    The French certainly cannot! We are the largest economy in the world! We are responsible for the success of most others. Our military reigns supreme! You will buy our music. You will wear jeans! You will be overwhelmed by American culture!

Let's face it folks we are the shakers and the movers and you are not! :lol: Face it, the Americans do what they want and the world is powerless to stop them!:yes: :wave:

FAce it, you know it is true! So bad mouth America and her leaders! In the end you wil be assimilated! Resistance is futile!:lol: :wave:

even as a joke, that wasn't funny :mad:all that joke in bad taste does, is suggest that you are another mindless zombie to the corporate war mongering, and international bullies that are those United States.

True the French cannot lead, and Britain's PM has his head so far up George W's arse, but where does that leave the rest of Europe? In the shit? I think not. Out of the ashes of the fallen European states, a country that isn't afraid of the US, will rise.

You might be the "shakers and movers" now, and the rest of the world is helpless to do anything about it, but one day, the rest of the world will open it's eyes and see YOU for what you are!

Your ideals of "peace" is nothing more than a sham! YOU funded the IRA, which has been a pain in Britain's ass for how long now? YOU place puppets in power over countries that are "liberated". YOU make mistakes and then feebly try to cover them up with "crusades against oppression".

YOU make me sick.

The American Dream? Once a noble goal, but now, your hawkish "democratic" leader has spat on that nobility, in favour of meglomania.

Disgusting
    Oh don't fall into his wind-up trap Dreamer. He's just jealous of Europe and extremely annoyed that we are independent of the Great Master and dare have a voice of our own. He looks up at our superiour style, culture and quality of living and secretly wishes he was one of us. :):p
    ahhh, my one weakness. i know i should of looked at that and laughed, but alas, i cannot help but to be passionate about the American Superiority Complex and their self righteous resolve.

Your arrogance and megalomania make me laugh. They blind you. You are exactly the type of person who would laugh maniacally and shout "I am INVINCIBLE!" the moment your demise came at you from behind.
    this is not a proper thread, i suggest it is locked..........
    America THINKS it is superior. Everybody else is superior BECAUSE we let them think they are superior...America has fallen into the trap.
    Just ingnore him!
    I don't really care if we lead as long as someone fearless and fair does. What we can't tolerate is entering into diplomatic situations like the UN Security Council where the UK and US are trying to force a tyrant down while other members are selling the tyrant parts for his jets and helicopters and pestisides to make into chemical weapons and have the bank to handle the money for a food-for-weapons program that they are undermining. And we can't take part in a Kyoto-type treaty that is designed to weaken us with its special provision for Germany, using the base year Germany reunited which so as to make less demands on their industries, and gave China and India total free reign to pollute...and didn't give us credit for the trees and open land... that is as big as many of the countries signing the treaty...that cleans the air. And we must avoid valuing Peace prizes from nation's that didn't even stand up to Nazi Germany, court rulings from lawless, freeloading Belguim, and untrustworthy alliances like NATO where a country that won't offer troops to NATO has so much to say.
    basically you want a world where America does what ever it wants regarless of what other countries think and regarless of the effects on the people of the world?

You live on the coast right?

:lol:

Your town will be one of the first under water when the oceans rise because we couldn't agree on trying to stop pollution.

Forget the duct tape, you should get a canoe........
    Global warming is a hard sell in my region this year. We had a Winter with well below average temperatures...all Winter long. We got two huge snow storms....and we almost never get snow.
    I'm usually surfing in a wet suit by now...and it's been too cold for that!

We have very strict anti-pollution. We don't throw sewage into the ocean like some countries in Europe I'm fond of do. Kyoto was designed to hurt America's economy. Nice try.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    We have very strict anti-pollution. We don't throw sewage into the ocean like some countries in Europe I'm fond of do. Kyoto was designed to hurt America's economy. Nice try.

In a country where the you don't see many cars with engines smaller than 2 litres, and where petrol is about 30p a litre...
    It has nothing to do with sewage, it is about emissions from cars and factories, which the US is more responsible for than any other nation.........

Yet you refuse to do anything about it.........
    pnj, if you seriously believe that the Kyoto agreement was designed to harm America then I shall not be wasting one more keyboard stroke on you as you are simply beyond saving.
    pnj you obviously had the same education as your great leader.
    if your father ever sees the stuff you say on here he's going to take your connection away. what an embaressment you must be to him aye!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    not for much longer murph. watch this space.
    by the way you have been assimilated by bushism but haven't noticed or are not sure what it is. bushism and rumsfieldism is anti-americanism. well disgiused obviously.

Truism. Just as Thatcher killed the Conservative party and nearly Britain, so eventually will the Bush dynasty. *edit* (kill America) *edit*
    Dreamer3k,

I can assure you that the US Government does not support the IRA. My Grandfather served in the Royal Navy. My uncles and many cousins have and are serving in Her Majesty's forces.
    I take umbrage with any characterization that would presume me to support those who would kill my kith and kin!

My post is pure hyperbole but it has drawn out some serious feelings towards Americans and their Government! Toadborg, no post that inspires deeply held opinions to be brought forth is bad. There was no personal attack on any personage nor was there any use of profanity in my original posting!

Presently Americans along with British and coalition allies are liberating Iraq. The final critique of what we are doing lies with the Iraqi people.

Vitriol and invective directed towards Americans and their government will only serve to reinforce their resolve. My loyalty is to America. I trust every citizen of the UK is loyal to his government. I am educated enough to know that a facist like Saddam must be deposed before he grow stong enough to inflict harm on the world. Many are blinded by their hatred for America to see that America is acting properly.

Americans are now in the field and some have died. I shall be supporting my government as a loyal citizen. Better than 75% of the American people think that President Bush is doing the right thing! You may spew bile at me but America will crush the fascist and free the Iraqi people. We shall free the world of a madman who has used gas on his own people.

I shall mkae no apology or try to defend my loyalty to those who are predisposed with a hatred of the American President and thus of the people on whose behalf he acts!

God Bless America! God Save the Queen!

Question: If you are a UK citizen does your loyalty lie to the EU or The United Kingdom?
    Dreamer3k,

I can assure you that the US Government does not support the IRA. My Grandfather served in the Royal Navy. My uncles and many cousins have and are serving in Her Majesty's forces.
    I take umbrage with any characterization that would presume me to support those who would kill my kith and kin!

My post is pure hyperbole but it has drawn out some serious feelings towards Americans and their Government! Toadborg, no post that inspires deeply held opinions to be brought forth is bad. There was no personal attack on any personage nor was there any use of profanity in my original posting!

Presently Americans along with British and coalition allies are liberating Iraq. The final critique of what we are doing lies with the Iraqi people.

Vitriol and invective directed towards Americans and their government will only serve to reinforce their resolve. My loyalty is to America. I trust every citizen of the UK is loyal to his government. I am educated enough to know that a facist like Saddam must be deposed before he grow stong enough to inflict harm on the world. Many are blinded by their hatred for America to see that America is acting properly.

Americans are now in the field and some have died. I shall be supporting my government as a loyal citizen. Better than 75% of the American people think that President Bush is doing the right thing! You may spew bile at me but America will crush the fascist and free the Iraqi people. We shall free the world of a madman who has used gas on his own people.

I shall mkae no apology or try to defend my loyalty to those who are predisposed with a hatred of the American President and thus of the people on whose behalf he acts!

God Bless America! God Save the Queen!

Question: If you are a UK citizen does your loyalty lie to the EU or The United Kingdom?

where do you think the IRA have been buying all of their weapons from? some greedy american bastard, only interested in lining their own pockets. and the government does what about it? nothing. it's a big task, i'll admit, but at least they could admit that US weapons do find their way into the hands of the IRA.

true, i generalized. but i do not apologise for that.

And i do like the way you say "liberate". After placing Saddam in power, however many years ago, as soon as things don't go your way, you go beat him, and his country up.

Here comes those United States
    On their white horse, lance in hand.
    Here to set free the world.
    To show everyone the errors of their ways.

(there was sarcasm in that BTW)

Every other major power in world history has eventually fallen. The same would happen to the US one day. ;)
    dreamer3k,

I am afraid it was not the Americans who put Saddam in power. One must give Saddam himself credit for coming to power in Iraq.

Yes, it is true that weapons and funds from America found their way to the IRA. The American government however has been very forceful in trying to stop the flow of money and arms to the IRA. The FBI worked with Britsh Intelligence Services to interrupt the flow of aid from the Irish community in America.

The Soviets and middle eastern countries also supplied the IRA with weapons and training. I am also hurt that you think that I in any way condone, encourage, or support the terrorist activities of the IRA. As I have stated before and shall do so again; I have relatives back in the UK who are very dear to me! The safety of those I love is very important to me and I can assure you that I am not an IRA sympathizer in any way shape or form!

My name on this board is not taken from my lineage . It is a reference to a famous and extravagant jewel thief!
    monocrat,

America will someday fall but that will be a dark day in the history of the world. It will be from within and not from without that America will sow the seeds of it's own destruction!
    yes. one day america will fall.

the seeds of your own destruction have already been sown. your pompus, self righteous attitude will be your downfall.

either that, or obesity rates will climb through the roof, and everyone will be sueing everyone else for being overweight and your society will collapse due to everyone using everyone as a scapegoat for society's little ( :lol: ) problems