Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work Experience

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...So, where did everyone go?
I'm about to start mine on April 28th i think but i still dont know where i'm going! I chose mainly theatres - like backstage on props and scenes, but i didnt get any of my choices so i've gotta find somewhere else now :rolleyes:
Im thinking bout hairdressers, a posh one like Toni & Guy or Staffords :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went to Sound Control which is a musical instrument shop here in Ednburgh. In fact, there all over the country :p . I really enjoyed it. Good luck finding a place and have fun :)
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    I went to Sound Control which is a musical instrument shop here in Ednburgh. In fact, there all over the country :p . I really enjoyed it. Good luck finding a place and have fun :)

I went to a hairdressers, not a posh one though. I got to do a member of staffs hair twice, but for the rest of it i only got to sweep, pass things, make tea and coffe, just the basic stuff that isn't to do with hair.
    I went to a veterinary surgery & traipsed along on call-outs with the equine vet bloke.
    I sorted mine out myself - the school said I could go to a travel agents...woo. :yeees:
    Eurgh, work experience... I got forced into supervising a reception class in my old Primary School.

For a full account of my experience, click here :p
    Originally posted by Ms Mature
    I went to a hairdressers, not a posh one though. I got to do a member of staffs hair twice, but for the rest of it i only got to sweep, pass things, make tea and coffe, just the basic stuff that isn't to do with hair.

Yeh i will probably just sweep floors, make the drinks, maybe wash hair if im lucky!...but at least i will be involved with people coming in regularly and not in some office!:p But hey, i dunno yet! :D

:lol: @ Shukes...aww poor you :)
    Worked with my Uncle for a week

He was builder type person *(Was an interesting experience)*

Must have drank about 100 cups of tea... and heard some well rude jokes:lol:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I was a boring office trainee, didn't do anything like, drank coffee, rang a few people, had a good laugh :)

No real work experience than the real world of work itself, not just 2 weeks somewhere :)
    experience i have loads of.
    work ...whats that?
    is it that thing thats only for fools and horses?
    i worked as a stablehand for 3 weeks. early starts and hard work, but i got free rides and it was june, so the weather was mostly laaarvely....
    I've done work experience at a t shirt company, work experience with my dad surveying houses and work experience at a haemophilia centre. :) I'm currently doing voluntary work at the local hospital radio station so I do some teching and presenting as well as visiting patients in hospital.
    Originally posted by Shukes
    Eurgh, work experience... I got forced into supervising a reception class in my old Primary School.

For a full account of my experience, click here :p

sounds fun. you gotta appreciate the little kids. i love em. :)
    i went to a plant nursery over the ENTIRE summer of 2002! traveling time was a bitch but the experience was well worth it :D
    Im too old for work experience this year lol, but when i did it i went to Willis Corun (sp) one of the biggest insurance companys, only went there cos i loved the building, its won awards! Theres a swimming pool, gym everything! and i got to use the lot for free :)
    For my year 11 experience I worked in a lab working with different chemicals and preparing biological samples for future experiments.
    It wasn't as boring as it sounds and they were making tea for me!!
    I did my work experience last February at the local combined Crown and County Court. Twas really good, I got to sit in on a lot of cases and at one point we had a murder trial where a man murdered his best friend! There were security guards searching those who went into the courtroom, news cameras and everything. :eek: They didn't let me into that trial. Not sure whether to be :( or :) about that.
    I went to a nursery, actually it was the nursery that I went to when I was an ickle 4 year old myself so it was fun seeing it from the other side. And it definitely made my mind up for me that I didnt want to work with kids!
    I worked in a dentist surgery for 2 weeks - i don't know what possessed me! I wish i went to an insurane firm/lawyer/solicitor, as i may have seen court cases, and a lot of people got monetary gifts afterwards, eg £100 cheque in one case!
    I went to a local go-karting track!
    It was fantastic....just used to 'test' the karts all day - another bonus was that i was the only girl there so got all the attention of the sexy mechanics, yay!:flirt:
    I've got mine coming up in July, doing it in a day centre for elderly people. Bet that's gonna be thrilling, huh? :p
    I went to Beales (department store) and helped to all the window displayes. lol Was very boring, and I only did it cos all the other arty jobs had been snapped up! hehe I'm working at a solicitors at the mo and we have a work exp. boy in the office, poor thing looks bored to tears!