Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the pill !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey-scary thought-can hash effect the pill ? i never thought to ask the doctor.:nervous: :chin:
dip me in chocolate and throw me to the hounds!

Comments

• Options
    I don't think so, but I'm no expert. Your best bet is to check with a chemist or doctor, nurse etc. to be totally on the safe side.
    Also read the leaflet it comes with thoroughly because it should have all the dos and donts there. You could always ring the NHS Direct number if you don't want to ask face to face.
  • Options
    No. But smoking on the pill increases your risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis, especially if you're on the higher risk pill. You should prolly tell your doc that you smoke, but there's no need to tell him/her what ;)
  • Options
    What's deep vein thrombosis?

Oh geez, now I'm scared. Oh wait, I stopped smoking. Forgot about that. Still scared though.
  • Options
    You should inform your GP if you smoke when you go on the pill/ at your check up as it does increase the risk of deep vein thrombosis...

If you are still worried call:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Susie

:)
  • Options
    argh!:crazyeyes deep vein thrombosis?

im making an appointment as we speak...type? so confused...:p
  • Options
    Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is where you develop blood clots, eg: in your legs from long haul flights.
    Isn't "hash" cannabis? Are you going to tell your doctor that you smoke drugs? :s
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    Are you going to tell your doctor that you smoke drugs? :s

...if i have to!:yuck: :) do u know if the pot would effect it or just smoking in general ?