Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Money matters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If I waned to go travelling in Europe for say 3 months.

How much money would I need?

Assuming living at a pretty basic level, anyone got a rough guesstimate?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Couple of grand?
    Re: Money matters
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    If I waned to go travelling in Europe for say 3 months.

How much money would I need?

Assuming living at a pretty basic level, anyone got a rough guesstimate?

Double what you'd think. Otherwise you'll run out for sure. Are you going to be working at all? If not about 4 grand I reckon.
    That ideas out of the window then.........
    I would love to travel Europe but I think I'll do that when I've got a big group of friends around me and after uni.:)
    It depends upon where you go in Europe, for Eastern Europe, Spain and Portugal are generally cheaper than, for instance, Iceland and Scandinavia.

It also depends upon what level of comfort you desire; what food you wish to eat (restaurants/street food); how you will be travelling between places; the season(s) in which you will be travelling; whether you hire a car to visit the least accessible and the inaccessible places; what (if any) activities you wish to undertake; whether you drink alcohol; and what (if any) entertainment you desire. There are, of course, many more considerations, so have a think.

Assuming that you were visiting countries in different areas of Europe and that you were not looking for excessive comfort, you could budget for an average of, say, £20-£35 per day. In Eastern Europe this could be reduced further.