Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The coalition needs to be paid back.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hope we pay back the friends that backed the US and UK up in this fight against terrorism.

I read this:

35 countries committed to what Bush had dubbed the "coalition of the willing." Most of those countries, however, are not providing direct military support for the Iraqi operation.

Their contributions include logistical and intelligence support, specialized chemical and biological response teams, overflight rights and humanitarian aid.

"Every major race, religion and ethnic group in the world is represented," Fleischer said, adding that the coalition represents about 1.18 billion people from countries with a combined gross domestic product of $21.7 trillion. "The coalition includes nations from every continent on the globe. And for this, the president is grateful."

And some like Bugaria are out a billion Saddam owes them. Yet, they still supported us. Old Europe has really screwed up this time. Americans, as it turns out, are boycotting the French products they can boycott. France sells 9 billion more to the US than the US buys from them. And like elsewhere in Europe, Americans make up the largest number of tourists and the largest number that book European cruises. And the chit chat with the adults in America when we see the cowards marching in Germany today is: I'd never vacation over there. We don't want to give them any of our money. Let's get our troops out of there. With all the deals and power-plays the players of the EU have been working out they didn't figure on one thing: Old Europe sells more to America than America sells to them. When it comes to export and tourist related job loss...you do the math.

Comments

• Options
    More of your preferred spin eh pnj?

Notice that the figures have been stretched considerably to dupe the unwary.

THere is no way that 35 countries have subscribed to the US view nor even sanction this war. This is just another twisting of the truth, leaving out fundamental facts of what those governments actually have said or sanctioned in order to make Bush look well supported. He isnt and that truth will play itself out in the years to come.

The actual number of countries that have thrown in with Bush and co can be counted on both hands, possibly with a finger or two to spare.
  • Options
    I view Old Europe just like I view Al Qaeda: they're people that just want to get America. We really have to distance ourselves from them. Get out of NATO. Get out of every deal we have with them. They only want to get us.
  • Options
    That statement shows clearly that after all this time you understand nothing, have obviously questioned nothing youve been fed, and certainly remain as ill-informed as a cornfield yokel on political realties in the world.

Yet you claim to be Radical Left?? lol. I think not. Radically Left Out is more like it.

Old Europe, New Europe... ignorant remarks from an equally ignorant, and indeed criminally compliant, Rumsfeld. They mean nothing since the European public almost entirely condemns the Bush admin and the age of insecurity and choas they are giving rise to.

But you go right ahead and keep on deluding yourself with nonsense spin and clever quips. The arrogance you display and your blindness to it is on the nationwide scale precisely the reason we got smacked on 9/11. So youd be best advised to wake up and learn how this world works and that even with all our might we are heading for a payback that will eventually force us to grow up and behave properly in the international community by necessity.

I will give you this much though... You live up to every aspect of the American mentality explored in Bowling for Columbine, and it is immensely unflattering to see it personified in you and your ridiculous claims.
  • Options
    President Bush said he met with his Cabinet Thursday to "review our strategies" on Iraq, and added that the "coalition of the willing" has now grown to more than 40 countries. T

hat's from CNN. So there's 40 countries on our side now.
  • Options
    And CNN international noted that claim and dismissed it.

Its just spin boy, unless you can produce a definitive roster of those countries and then clearly identify what exactly they contribute.

This coalition has little more than a handful of concrete supporters with a few hangers on offering overflight rights and no other support and then some peripherals who have committed to helping rebuild, but that is a far cry from what you think is support for the current war.

You need to do more than read flashy headlines and dig a bit boy. Most of the countries in the world and their populations are deadset against Bush's actions and in the next elections you are likely to see many governments changing dramatically.

In the end it will be we Americans who are isolated and on the economic downslide like we've not seen before.

A nice exerpt from the following article:

http://www.presentdanger.org/commentary/2003/0302irrelevance_body.html
    And then there is a question about the credibility of a U.S.-led "coalition of the willing." Why are so many countries in the region unwilling to throw their support behind the White House? Why are so many outside the area so willing to join? Instead of a coalition convinced of the truth of its principles, there is a lingering suspicion that what is emerging is a coalition of energy-dependent countries who need cheap petroleum, countries (new members and candidate members of NATO) that feel they must prove their bona fides, and even a few countries who exacted a quid pro quo from Washington for signing on.

Can such an amalgamation, based largely on narrow national interests rather than principle, be credible and relevant in the longer-term for world peace and the mitigation of human suffering?

And of even greater clarification to the exaggerated claims you are swallowing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2862343.stm

Once you weed out what are little more than back room promises for varying expected interests, the real coalition returns to its pitifully low number of less than 10 governments (most of whom propbably wont survive their next elections).
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I view Old Europe just like I view Al Qaeda: they're people that just want to get America. We really have to distance ourselves from them. Get out of NATO. Get out of every deal we have with them. They only want to get us.

As much as I dislike France and Germanys current stance, that statement is taking it all a bit too far.

Btw, out of the 35 countries, several of them, don't wish to be named. Only officials in the White House and officials fromt hose specific country, know that those governments support America.
    To be honest, I think that America can manage without the support of those countries.
  • Options
    SCUD missiles have been fired at Kuwait. Wait a Sec! The Iraquis don't have SCUDS now do they.

I am supporting President Bush 100%. American men and women are facing enemy fire and the time for talk is over. I shall not attack my President as some have done.

We are on the march and we shall do what the French and their cabal of the spineless were incapable of doing. Iraq will be disarmed and Iraquis given their freedom!

We Americans shall be called arrogant, ignorant bullies. Call us what you will. We talked until there was no more stomach for talking. One must fish or cut bait. The Americans can't stomach the cowardice and duplicity of some nations such as the French.

Rant away you American haters. We are doing what needs doing!
    PERIOD!
  • Options
    The cowards are those who must resort to violence and scapegoatism. And to believe in Bush is to fool yourself into thinking he cares one whiff about you or any ordinary American beyond how he can next pull the wool over your eyes with some facy spin while he and his cronies further enrich themselves on our tax dollars funnelled through the bloated MIC budget.

You truly have surrendered your rational faculties to the spin factory murph. How utterly expected and yet disappointing that is.
  • Options
    <
    Lighting up the thread, view my avatar :D

Sorry, couldn't resist!
  • Options

isonlationism? what happend the last time you guys tried that?
  • Options
    And... just like big ben had predicted, emotions run high and people start saying things...

First of all pnj, as it has been pointed out before the war on Iraq has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism. You can say otherwise every day if it makes you feel better about this war, and you can be assured that I'll be here to correct you every time. :)

With regard to support and the 'coalition of the willing' (ROTFLMFAO). It is obvious that once the war has started other countries will provide non-military support. This is done because the US and UK governments are hell-bent on doing what they had planned all along so we might as well make things as painless as possible and try to see and end of hostilities as soon as we can. The fact remains that it was the US and UK governments that spat in the face of the international community and the UN. However this quick this war ends, however bloodless and successful the transition of Iraq is, relations between the US & UK and the rest of the world are at their lowest point for generations, and the repercussions and mistrust will be felt for quite some time.

Don't be so quick in calling the French cowards Murph. They have stood up to the ultra-bully, all powerful and contemptuous Bush administration which is more than can be said of about 95% of the world’s nations, which were against military action but dared not disagree with the Great Master. And are you suggesting that what Bush is doing is something "brave" anyway?
  • Options
    Re: The coalition needs to be paid back.
    France sells 9 billion more to the US than the US buys from them.

:confused::lol:

What is that Jacq, the inside of a human body?
  • Options
    It looks like some guy with his pants still on shagging someone. Perhaps Jacq's hormones are raging!

Send her to the sexuality boards!
  • Options
    Yeah i see what you mean, but i don't know what that pink bit is.......:confused:

Soemone please tell me what it is!
  • Options
    It's Anthony from the Red Hot Chili Peppers humping a drum-set :D

Isn't it wonderful? *still not over greatness of own avatar* Almost as good as my Orgasm Girl avatar.
  • Options
    I love it Jac. Wish I could make my picture do that.
  • Options
    I love it Jac. Wish I could make my picture do that.

Hump a drum-set? :eek2:
    I am not sure I'd want to see your avatar do that. Anthony is the only one who can pull it off :hyper:
  • Options
    I didn't know he was doing that. haaaa

Embarassed.:o