Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sun/UK shows Chirac as Suddam's whore.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The Sun/UK gave this out in Paris.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003130753,00.html

OMG:lol:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Sun/UK shows Chirac as Suddam's whore.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

PNJ! The sun in NO way reopresents the UK! The sun is a rightwing, xenophobic embarassment to this country.

Jacques Chirac is a good man and is one of the majority of world leaders opposed to war not just because of hids contracts in Iraq but because he is ideologically opposed to it!
    No doubt if another British newspaper had done a similar cartoon of G.W. Bush pnj here would be spitting blood complaining about anti-American hatred. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    No doubt if another British newspaper had done a similar cartoon of G.W. Bush pnj here would be spitting blood complaining about anti-American hatred. :rolleyes:

:lol:

PNJ did you vote for Bush?
    I won't be old enough to vote for a few years. I don't mind that he's against the war. But he didn't have to actively put Americans in danger and put up so many blocks to America protecting itself.

By the way, some of the people making the biggest difference in protecting us our Shiite Arab Americans who are fighting for us in Iraq.
    Would you care to explain how could you possibly be "defending yourselves" by attacking Iraq?
    But he didn't have to actively put Americans in danger

I'm sorry, who was it who just started a war?
    Re: Sun/UK shows Chirac as Suddam's whore.

it's so wrong, but i couldn't help but to let out a chuckle
    Simbelyne did you know there was a pro Bush/Blair American/UK march in Paris yesterday by Shiite Muslims?

Saddam has killed more Muslims than anyone in modern history. (And no one would consider him a good Sunni Muslim either.)
    Simbelyne did you know there was a pro Bush/Blair American/UK march in Paris yesterday by Shiite Muslims?

Saddam has killed more Muslims than anyone in modern history. (And no one would consider him a good Sunni Muslim either.)

Again, your point?
    My point in that's why it's funny to make fun of Chirac being "in bed" with Saddam.

Or do you think it's o.k. to kill Muslims?
    give it my friends. Coming from the US I know all too well that pnj and the vast majority of my countrymen are so inundated with jingoistic and highly sensationalised (and largely false) claims that they have come to believe the lies ARE the truth.

Also recognise that pnj is only as able to comprehend what is at work here in geo-political terms both now and in terms of the long term consequences as any HS kid in the US. With no personal life experience under his belt, nor firsthand familiarity with any country outside of the US, he only sees what is happening in the vacuum of his limited period of political consciousness.

Despite the best efforts of many here, he clearly cannot truly grasp how much this whole crisis is part of a long running history of US foreign policy wrongs stretching back over decades and many differing administrations.

Just let him rant, he does his own intelligence no great service with his ill informed claims, but then most of you can readily see that for yourselves. Tis a shame he willfully chooses not to.
    Oh Clandestine. It's funny to see powerful people made fun of. Chirac in drag. blahaaaaaaaaa. Although, he worked in New Orleans when he was young so maybe he wouldn't mind.

A new link Aladdin:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=564&e=2&u=/nm/20030321/ts_nm/iraq_hamas_bombers_dc_3

Also detainees in Cuba, separately, said Iraqis handled the chemical weapons part of the Al Qaeda training in Afghanistan.
    My point in that's why it's funny to make fun of Chirac being "in bed" with Saddam.

Or do you think it's o.k. to kill Muslims?

(To Clandestine) I am around the same age as PNJ and I want to hear his views however blinkered hey are.

Chirac is not 'in bed' with Saddam, wherever did you get that idea? The Sun?

No, if you read my posts you'll find I think killing is wrong.
    And you think that prisoners which have been tortured and detained without any legal status who are ideologically trained not to tell the truth to "infidels" are a trustworthy source of information. You are so inconsistent in your beliefs its laughable! :lol:

Simbelyne> it isnt his age in and of itself that i was pointing out, but the fact that given the relative isolationistic mindset of a vast percentage of the nation, the significant gap in the quality of education in Europe compared to that of America (currently rated 65th in world education) coupled with a marked absence of appreciation for truly comprehending the world outside the US as well as pnj's relatively recent political awakening, you cannot expect him to see how wrong he is to subscribe to the vitriole of Bush and co. The propaganda and sensationalism of the press and media in the US is too systemic and nationwide to avoid unless one spends sufficient time outside the country seeing what our foreign policy has done and is yet doing wrong in many parts of the world including Iraq.

Until he can escape the media onslaught and hollywoodisation of the news he wont have any basis for assessing just how big a lie he has been fed.

Also detainees in Cuba, separately, said Iraqis handled the chemical weapons part of the Al Qaeda training in Afghanistan.

Have you ever read a report of what torture does to you PNJ? Those prisoners (held illegally) have been denied sleep, tied up, blindfolded and god knows what else we don't know about. Tortue victims will confess to anything just to make it stop, torture is designed to make people say things they don't want to.

http://web.amnesty.org/ai.nsf/THEMES/DETENTION+ARREST?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=1
    Sim - thanks for the link.

The only thing that makes me wonder is how would Amnesty International know they were tortured when they are on a military base that's closed to the public.

But what makes me agree with you in believing the report is that that base isn't on US soil...because torture is illegal on US soil so maybe that's why they're there.

The US military says they get info out of people by not letting them sleep, not letting them know when it's day or night, and making them think they're in Egypt or something. But even being in the same room while someone is being tortured is illegal for a military person to do in the American army etc.

But either way thanks for the link.
    Good one Al!

Although you shouldnt expect that there even would be a UN process over that issue. Now that we've got our tin soldiers swarming the place, you can bet that right wing nutcases like Richard Perle, Rumsfeld et al. will simply seize control and dictate the future leadership of Iraq according to their own wishes.

We'll just have to be content to bide our time until whatever they have put into place crumbles under the historical realities of that nation and that region and its people of which they have shown complete ignorance.
    Aladdin, I don't click on blind links. I did that once when two people were arguing over Saddam, and it was people he'd tortured with their eyes gouged out, fingers cut off, etc. I didn't want to see that. I didn't think it was fair for Globe to put the pictures up of people jumping from the WTC either up on the site yesterday. I didn't want to see that. You'd agree I was impacted on enough by the 911 attacks....wouldn't you?
    I wouldn't do such a thing. It is only a news story from Sky about Chirac. Nothing dodgy, I assure you but if you still don't want to click on it, it tells that France will boycott any new UN resolution giving US and UK administrative powers over Iraq.
    Aladdin, my dad's friend is hold an Oscar party: once again he'll be serving French cheeses and wine.

The Oscars will probably have many anti-war speeches.

My dad's making me go with he and mom. :p
    No doubt youll be listening to your walkman all night long! lol.
    heeeeeeeee.

No I can't Clandestine. MY dad's gang felt it wasn't sophisticated or whatever to wear little flag pins. I got my picture in the paper hanging American flags. hee. But it was a job. I got paid for it. So I have to act....worldly and unpatriotic. (but I'm not eating the duck stuff on a cracker.)
    I heard all Oscar nominees have been given very specific instructions about what not to say in their acceptance speeches. Apparently anything considered not appropiate will be immediately drown out by music. :D

Still remember Susan Sarandon (bless her!) receiving a life ban for speaking out against the treatment of some refugees. Vintage stuff.
    I presume youre referring to Pate de Fois Gras? If so, its not duck but goose liver. Id expect that wouldnt agree with your fast food palate.
    Bono said he's speak out against the war.

Even though the pole show America backs the war by 76%...we're also experiencing the largest anti-war demonstrations and civil disobedience in years. I'm only afraid they will distract the police protecting us from Al Qaeda.
    pate de Fois Gras...yes Clandestine. And well, hmmm perhaps it would please me with a supersized portion of freedom fries. :naughty: