Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

UK issues terror attack warning...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2863055.stm

"The Home Office also advised UK citizens to keep tinned food, bottled water and a battery-powered torch in their houses in case of a major terror attack in Britain."

Any ideas what exactly they anticipate happening?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No idea myself, and not quite sure what they expect us to do to take 'sensible precautions' either lol buy a gas mask, board up the house and live in the understairs cupboard?

Oh, And if youre stocking up on tinned food, get stuff you can eat cold, and dont forget the tin opener :D
    I read that someone was saying you should prepare an air-tight room...can I ask? What do you do when the air runs out?

Also they say in the event of an attack go home and listen to the radio!! How are you supposed to do that if your legs have been blown off.

these kinds of warnings show absolutleu know knowledge of modern warfare and no understanding of the hell that people in places like Iraq, Afghanistand kosovo had to go through!! Its patronising.
    Muslim thugs in Indosnesia threatened to blow up nightclubs etc. where tourists from Australia, Britian and the US hang out.
    I'm off to buy my duct tape.........
    Dont forget that all important plastic sheeting! lol.
    Ah, the good old tried-and-tested tactic of frightening people into supporting a war.

Its a shame people over here will lap it up like the dozy Yanks did.
    oh god theres not much time!

*runs off to the shops and panic buys*
    It's all bollocks. There is not going to be a chemical or biological attack. Not in London, not in New York, not in Sydney, not against allied troops in Iraq. I really wish our governments would stop treating us like children. We are at greater danger of being shat on by a dragon than being the victims of such attack.
    Dragon??? Eek where did I leave my lance?

SQUIRE!!!!!
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    It's all bollocks. There is not going to be a chemical or biological attack... not against allied troops in Iraq.

No, Hussein is MUCH to nice a character to EVER do anything so un-nice as that, even tho he gave the order the last time around... :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Muslim thugs in Indosnesia threatened to blow up nightclubs etc. where tourists from Australia, Britian and the US hang out.
    american thugs threatened to blow up............where's my list?