Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rem!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm a very big REM fan. I have no particular favourite track, but I especially like Strange Currencies, the 'hidden' song (number 11) on Green and What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

Which is your favourite REM track?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    to be honest mate i aint into that music, but daysleeper kinda fits in with my life.
    its good for when i fancy a change from the norm or just wanna chill.

and yeah its sad but when i was a little kid my uncle used to play their tapes and Shiny Happy People still makes me smile
  • Options
    I really really really like 'document' and 'green' ...'Green' was the album I listened to constantly while doing my finals.

i absolutely love the layered harmony and the way they use the music together with the lyrics. I think that 'World leader pretends' and 'the wrong child' are fantastic songs but my absolute favourite is 'hairshirt'.

So excited that they are supposed to be playing Glastonbury because when they played last time I almost hyperventilated and although I was miles away from the stage it was just the most fantastic gig.

My favourite story is the one about how Michael stipe was recording a song in the nude and went to sit on the stairs outside the studio to do his vocal and as he sung the last line he fell down the stairs and thats why on the song (Forget which one) you can hear his voice wobble at the end.
  • Options
    My favourite story is the one about how Michael stipe was recording a song in the nude and went to sit on the stairs outside the studio to do his vocal and as he sung the last line he fell down the stairs and thats why on the song (Forget which one) you can hear his voice wobble at the end.

:eek2:
    i learn somethin new everyday