Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dancing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
should i stay or should i go???

little advice would be appreciated...

im a mum and a partner, so theres a good reason to go. (self respect and that)

and techinically i havent been doing it legally anyway, being as tho im not 18 yet.

is it really worth staying??? i know the money's good, and its something i need, but im thinking about my daughter here. there's too much going on to be degrading myself with that sort of stuff, i have to much responsibility, yet, at the same time... i need that money, else i'll be spendning even MORE time away from jazmyn and my partner.

what would you do???

thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry I'm a bit unclear as to what your job is. I'm guessing it involves dancing though. Perhaps if you were clearer in saying what your job is perhaps we peeps on the site could help you more.

Or di you mean leave these message boards? - I'm very confused
    lol! no im not leaving the boards just yet.
    i have a few jobs but the one im talking about it my dancing. pole dancing and table dancing (nothing close, i dont lap dance or anything). its usually table dancing, but it still involves stripping. :( poo.
    Do what makes you happy in life. If pole dancing does then do it. If it doesn't stop. I love dancing myself and love dancing on the podiums ( i think thats what they are called) at clubs. But I'm not sure whether I could do pole dancing.
    I cant see any harm in this.
    There is no contact and no emotional attachments in any way. You clearly draw the line between a dancer and anything else so I think your ok. I think you have to look at yourself as a dancer or entertainer as opposed to a stripper.

Well in the long run it would be better if you have a plan to get out of it in the future? Would you be able to get by on the money from the other jobs?

What would you prefer- doing a bit of dancing spending lots of time with Jazmyn or slaving away at some other job and not getting to see either of them?
    well id obviously prefer to spend more time with jaz, but its a case of setting an example and being responsible too. i dont get THAT much time with her as it is, as i have to work, but the time i do get is precious, so id rather be out at night, dancing - when she is sleeping therefore doesnt know im not really there - than in the afternoon, doing another job when she's at home with my mum, or the childminder.

but at the same time, one day she's going to grow up, she gets even more curious about things every day and she's going to ask me one day, and when that day comes i dont intend to be stripping, so i will eventually have to leave, its just a question of sooner or later.

i dont want to set a bad example, with low morals and ambitions to my daughter. i do have very high ambitions, but because i have had her so young, i wont be able to live out those ambitions until she is old enough to take care of herself, and probably off at university or something. i just dont want her to think that it is ok to do what im doing and put your whole life on hold, and struggling by. i want her to be comfortable in life.

still working there. will keep you informed tho if anything happens.
    You sound like you've got your head screwed on. Enjoy the time out dancing and being with your child while it lasts. One day yes your child will most likely ask but that is in the future until that time comes enjoy yourself and take care.
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    You sound like you've got your head screwed on. Enjoy the time out dancing and being with your child while it lasts. One day yes your child will most likely ask but that is in the future until that time comes enjoy yourself and take care.

bless you, thanx
    x