Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Temazipan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Haven't been here for aaaages, can't believe I remembered my password

:wave: Hi to any of the old-school gang I used to waste time on here with.

Anyway, did a search and not much came up. Probably spelling it wrong.

Saturday night I took about 5 pills and a bit of coke, by Sunday afternoon had pretty much come down and was offered some Temazepan to help me sleep. Can't believe I just crossed another thing off the "list-of-things-I-was-certain-I'd-never-do" but you know what it's like when you're coming down, you'll swallow whatever is set in front of you. Got a bloody lovely sleep for once.

I don't know why prescription drugs feels more dodgy than the other shit I've been taking, but the comedown guilts are a real killer. What seemed like a great idea on Saturday night seems like Grade A Stupidity in the cold light of Monday morning. These things were about the size of asprins with "TEM 20 / lagap" written on them, so I assume they were the real deal. I know nothing about dosage of this kind of thing.

Can somebody reassure me that banging two of these about 1-2 hours apart didn't do me any lasting damage and I'm not going to do a Lewis-from-Hollyoaks, turn yellow and drop dead in three days time?

Comments

• Options
    I can't scientifically reasurre you but I can say that I took two of them one time after a night out a few years back, and I'm still alive. So you've got at least a few years :)
  • Options
    Thanks!

The only consolation for dying would be the someone else would have to explain to my mum *shudder*
  • Options
    I would say that if you cant handle the come down you shouldnt be doing the drugs in the first place but I'm sure you knew that when the come down hit you.

As for doing benzos on the come down, it can be quite dangerous but quite a lot of people do it. I would heavily advise against just doing something because you get offered it. Make sure you know what you are taking, the dose and what it will do. By the sound of it you took 40mg which is a relatively high but not that high dose.

Doing sedatives on the come down can make you feel better in the short term but also causes quite a bit of harm to your body and can make you feel worse. Also you can end up doing what quite a few people do and over do it, be sick and end up choking on it. Or just getting too relaxed and wetting the bed.

Be VERY careful with downers. They will kill you.
  • Options
    I used to be addicted to Benzos in Glasgow and around from when I started in 1990 you got 1X 20mg temazepam (Green jellies) for 50p.I started using them for acid,E,coke comedowns but ended up prefering the temazepam instead.At the height of it I was taking 30-40 20mg jellies a day just to feel normal and when I had to go without the rattle was bloody agony.I went on a few detox programs and was put on Diazepam and weaned off but id always top up.I got off them by getting myself down to 10 blue valium 10mg and 5 20mg Temazepam.In the mid 90s Temazepam was banned in Gel form for prescrition in Scotland and the price doubled even up to £2 a capsule.They became harder to obtain so I ended up doing cold turkey cos they wouldnt give me anymore valium scripts and it took 3 weeks til I felt anything like normal again but what a rattle it was agony.I love the feeling of benzos taking effect but I know they are bad news for me.
  • Options
    i injected jellies one day cos i couldn't get any heroin. i put six up my arm and was awoken by the fire grigade! i fell into unconciosness and set fire to myself and the couch. what you have done will do you no harm at all in the long term but ...avoid them like fuck! if you get a liking for them, you'll become a sleepy zomby with nothing to say or do. avoid downers and remain an interesting person.