Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much time do you spend with your girlfriend/boyfriend?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I see my gf for a weekend every 2 weeks. I met her when I came back home from uni one weekend and she lives near where I'm from originally so for most of the time we're hundreds of miles apart and it's very difficult to cope but when we're together it's amazing and it makes all the waiting worthwhile. The easter break and the summer hols are coming up fast so I can spend more time with her then. Can't wait!
    Last time i saw my 'bf' was in Oct 2002. Lol doing well aren't I.....
    Mmmm, when you say spending time, do you mean alone together? If so, then hardly ever... Cause of my girlfriend's course being so busy, she's always doing coursework, all the time, and during the holidays we're both working, or there are other people there or summat. And then when she does have time, I normally have essays due in or something uni or work related... And over the past two summers I've been away in America working, so we've not been able to use the summer hols to see each other. The only time we've managed in 2 years to spend a protracted period of time together was when we went on holiday ourselves for two weeks, and that's the main one really. And we sort of live together as well, but even that doesn't gurantee that we'll see each other... Of course there are days here and there where do spend the day together, but not enough really :(
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    In my eyes I don't spend enough time with him. I'm always missing him I see him most days except for the weekend.:(
    How come you don't see him at the weekends?
    I see him a couple of nights a week... mainly at the weekend so we get to spend more time together than after work/gym/supermarket etc in the week. Can't believe how much everyone sees their other halves! Guess I'll see him more once we move in together.
    Ah after a few failed attempts to speak to her (as its so hard as I see her 2 minutes a day?) I wrote her a letter and now shes on a complete downer :(

Saying how she suddenly realised everything and feels like a terrible girlfriend :(

I feel really guilty now. Ah well will buy her some chocolate and stuff. I mean she is still busy and has no time to spend with me at the moment, I mean, it's been o fortnight since I've spent longer than... 2 minutes outside of school with her. And at school she had not being giving me much attention. But she was confused.

Because I'm going through some stuff (like seeing my counseller) she wasn't sure where she fitted in in my life and I told her she is important but the issue is by no way over. Anyway get to talk to her tommorow...
    Its really sad to hear that she doesnt want to spend that much time with you. When I was with my bf (we just split up :( ) i was with him about 4 nights a week. i only got to see him on nights cos he worked through the day and then i'd get to see him on thursday day time cos it was he day off. We went out for 5 and a half months.
    Ah I have writeen a nice letter now she should like it. I say in it things along the lines of

'You spread happiness to everyone around you with discrimination. You are the best person in the world bar none to me Laura, and I love you with all my heart.'

I want to make her happy :)
    Ah today went great. Weather was nice and everything is A-ok :D

Sorry to rub it into anyone but I have never had a relationship start to degrade then get better. But now things are better again (she says I'm all hers next week :D) I can't hold in my joy.