Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
In September 03 i Emma, will be attending college (for the second time) to do my A Levels. 3 of them to be exact and a GCSE retake. When i was in school i just wanted to work, but now ive realised you dont get anywhere without qualifcations. So off to college i trot. Thing is at first i wanted to do my A levels then go to University but i see my mates all working and i want that too. I dont wanna spend the next 5 years learning. Im more of a "doing" person.

I've always wanted to be a hairdresser ever since i was little. I love my hair. Im always changing it, styling it, colouring it etc. I wanna do that at college instead of my A levels but i know my mum thinks thats a "waste of my talents" and that i could acheive much more. But realistically speaking, i doubt ill go to university...then what use are A levels in the real world? Fuck all.

I dont know what to dooooooooooo :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes A-Levels may be of fuck all use if you decide that you aspire to be a hairdresser and that's it. But you will find them handy if you fancy changing your job later on in life I think. People recruiting like to be able to look at a CV and see qualifications down there.

Of course, if you're set on doing hairdressing then change your mind later I doubt anyone will ever ask to see the certificates for those A-Levels that might be on your CV...

It's up to you really, though, not your mum.