Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What You think?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I just hope you kill yourself and not other people.

:yes:

That would make the world a slightly better, and safer, place.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    £300 fine? There is no fucking justice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    £300 fine? There is no fucking justice.

Crime DOES pay doesent it.

I used to work in a young offenders institute. Young people with every type of crime are sent there, you have arsonists, rapists, murderers etc etc etc.
    Its like a bloody holiday camp. they have state of the art technologhy, everything they could ever ask for. When they are leaving and going back into normal civilisation they get grants to furnish their flat/house. They actually get accomodation found for them. No word of a lie they want for nothing in this type of establishment. the only ones who dont have freedom are the ones in the secure unit, who are locked in but the others can come and go as they please because they cant(or couldnt when I was there) physically refrain them from leaving.

Yeah crime does pay, while the majority of good, honest young uns have to rely on living on next to nothing. It makes me so mad that the system works this way. Why should young offenders of any crime get all this special treatment? your normal, average, honest youngsters get absolutely F**k all.

Oh it makes me sooooo MAD :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by smokeit2002
    besides the fact that i know i was being a complete twat driving without nething i must of forgotten to mention that i had passed my test after i was caught and sorry but i didnt get the "holiday" i got a 300 quid fine and community service and lastly i wasnt looking for fucking sympathy all i asked was wot people thought i would be likely to get in court :)

Everyone makes mistakes...

But normally people learn from their mistakes - you obviously haven't got the brains/decency to do that.

You deserve to go to prison.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Crime DOES pay doesent it.

I used to work in a young offenders institute. Young people with every type of crime are sent there, you have arsonists, rapists, murderers etc etc etc.
    Its like a bloody holiday camp. they have state of the art technologhy, everything they could ever ask for. When they are leaving and going back into normal civilisation they get grants to furnish their flat/house. They actually get accomodation found for them. No word of a lie they want for nothing in this type of establishment. the only ones who dont have freedom are the ones in the secure unit, who are locked in but the others can come and go as they please because they cant(or couldnt when I was there) physically refrain them from leaving.

Yeah crime does pay, while the majority of good, honest young uns have to rely on living on next to nothing. It makes me so mad that the system works this way. Why should young offenders of any crime get all this special treatment? your normal, average, honest youngsters get absolutely F**k all.

Oh it makes me sooooo MAD :mad:

They nedd special treatment to try and get them back on the straight and narrow, the effort needs to be put in or there is no hope for them.........

Of course they get financial help, if they didn't then they would be very unlikely to be finaancially secure, what are you going to do?

Rob someone!

Prison has to be about rehabilitation, not punishment........
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

They nedd special treatment to try and get them back on the straight and narrow, the effort needs to be put in or there is no hope for them.........

Of course they get financial help, if they didn't then they would be very unlikely to be finaancially secure, what are you going to do?

Rob someone!

Prison has to be about rehabilitation, not punishment........

Have you been inside a young offenders institute? have you seen all the decent stuff they have inside? have you heard about the holidays they get? have you seen them all wearing designer trainers? I think you probably have never been anywhere near a young offenders institute like the one I worked in.

I aggree to try and rehabilitate them, but why give them holidays? etc etc etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young people who go on the straight and narrow get very little or no help whasoever, I just DO NOT think its fair that a constant offender should get better treatment than someone whose never offended in their life.
  • Options

Have you been inside a young offenders institute? have you seen all the decent stuff they have inside? have you heard about the holidays they get? have you seen them all wearing designer trainers? I think you probably have never been anywhere near a young offenders institute like the one I worked in.

I aggree to try and rehabilitate them, but why give them holidays? etc etc etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Young people who go on the straight and narrow get very little or no help whasoever, I just DO NOT think its fair that a constant offender should get better treatment than someone whose never offended in their life.

You're so right!! :yes:

I mean, it's like we're congratulating them for being f*ckin stupid! "Oh here you are mate, I know you just did something really bad, but we wanna give you a free day out to Alton Towers!" I bet these peeps think "Ahh, it's alright this misbehaving malarky, get treated well good for it!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead: I'm angered, lmao
  • Options
    see thats where ur wrong because i may have had 7 no licence and 7 no insurance but only 2 of them was i actually caught driving the other 5 i was working on the car in the car park next to my house with the keys in the ignition which to the police and the courts is still driving and that dont mean i aint got the brains or the decency to do anything

OK, this is a PM I recieved from smokeit2002 or whatever your name is... I wouldn't usually post stuff from a PM but I don't wanna say something to this guy and not be backed up...

Firstly. If you're not stupid, WHY THE HELL did you get caught 5 TIMES doing up a car with keys in ignition - when after the first time you should have thought "Ahh, fuck, I can't sit with the keys in the ignition while I'm sorting that car out!" Jesus Christ...

Secondly, before you even went near another car, you should have thought of the risks behind it if the police caught you. It's common sense that if the police find you with a car they would be pretty damn annoyed.

So now you see that yes, clearly you don't have the brains or decency to learn from your mistakes!!

Can anyone else see what I'm getting at?! I really hope so!!
  • Options

No I haven't but i fully believe the description you give. Seeing as I am one of the 'disadvantaged' as I am a student in considerable debt, I still do not begrudge them this.

What would you do then?

If they have a holiday i would be fairly certain it is not without reason, we need to do everything we can to help people who have slipped into crime or they will just come out and carry on.

We also need to work at the routes of social deprivation that leads to a lot of this behaviour. Britain has the highest prison rate in Europe...........
  • Options
    What You think?

What do I think? I think ur a twat :)

that is all :razz:
  • Options
    fucks sake you lot, he only didnt have the right documents, he hasnt been done for dangerous driving or anything.
  • Options
    he didnt have a licence, thats enough.
  • Options
    but he hasnt hurt anyone. it might be against the law, but youre all talking as though hes been drink driving or something. hes only got caught for no documents - youre all just assuming that means hes a bad driver.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    fucks sake you lot, he only didnt have the right documents, he hasnt been done for dangerous driving or anything.

No. Not yet.

But he hasn't just not had the right documents, he doesn't have the insurance to go with it. Fuckhead idiots like that mean that honest people like me end up paying hundreds more pounds to support the wankers that drive without insurance and cause accidents.

And as other people have mentioned, there's no reason why the police should stop the guy, unless he's driving like a twat.
  • Options
    no but he cud of, yeah any driver could of, but if he hasnt been given a licence im sorry he deserves anythin he gets.

anyways i give up, i was only answering his question.
  • Options
    yeah its not good, but its a money related thing, not a safety related thing. I think he was obviously asking to get caught, you do the crime you do the time, but I dont think its in the same league as dangerous driving.
  • Options

Rainbow I hope for your sake someone with no insurance doesent bump your car, I dont think you would be saying the same thing if it did happen.
  • Options

Rainbow I hope for your sake someone with no insurance doesent bump your car, I dont think you would be saying the same thing if it did happen.
    id be pissed off, but its not the same as hurting someone.
  • Options
    yeah its not good, but its a money related thing

Rubbish. It doesn't cost that much to get a licence and if he wants cheap insurance he can drive an old car that's not that powerful.
  • Options

id be pissed off, but its not the same as hurting someone.

Never said it was, dont think anyone has??

So just suppose someone writes your car off and they have no Insurance youd be pissed off? Id be fucking well pissed off to be honest.
  • Options
    I've said quite a lot on this subject, but smokeit2002 seems to be messaging me every possible way he can (ie PM's on here, faceparty, etc) to get his argument across, instead of using this thread he started. So I'm saying nothing else, he might be bloody stood on my front doorstep tomorrow!! lmao :D :lol@
  • Options
    yeah id be fucking well pissed off too, id be furious and probably be ranting and raving, but as whatsisface hasnt hit anyones car, saying that he should be strung up or whatever is a bit premature in my opinion.
  • Options
    saying that he should be strung up or whatever is a bit premature in my opinion.

He aint learned his lesson FFS how many chances should someone be given? He went without insurance and got caught, he then went again without insurance and got caught again, how many times do you think someone should be let off?

Maybe thats why people who have no licence or insurance keep going out and doing the same thing time after time, its because they know all they will get is "come on Johnny dont be a silly boy again, then they get a couple hundred quid fine" I say make more examples of people and let them know that if they get caught a second time then they will be severely punished. Our system just allows people to do what the hell they like and get away with it.
  • Options
    yeah hes stupid, but thats not the same as being really bad is it?
    why does noone else agree with me? Am i too easy going? I always just think if its not hurting anyone, then its not that bad, whether its illegal or not.
  • Options
    Re: Re: What You think?
    Originally posted by Faith

That's kinda tuff really isn't it? Should of thought of that before!

Sorry, but as someone who pays all their insurance, tax, etc even though I'm very poor I have no sympathy for you what-so-ever :p

only just spotted this thread, and i agree with ya completely Faith, its ppl like this guy who make our premiums go up etc... sorry mate, ur an idiot, spend the cash, get a liscence, insurance, and you wont go to the slammer!
  • Options
    I assumed that he was driving without a liscense because he wasn't able to pass/was banned ie he is an unsafe driver.........
  • Options

why does noone else agree with me? Am i too easy going? I always just think if its not hurting anyone, then its not that bad, whether its illegal or not.

Well then what if he DID hurt someone?? With no insurance. See where I`m going here?

Oh, and I think the total and complete failure to learn from his mistakes engenders a certain lack of sympathy..........
  • Options
    yeh right

obviously a few of u are having a little trouble reading, if u go back a couple of pages u will see that i told u i have now passed my test i dont drive my car like a twat even tho its asking to be driven like one i aint goin to and i have learnt my lesson it took a few but i learnt in the end and my premiums are pretty cheap for smeone like me 857 quid hmmm thats good
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

No I haven't but i fully believe the description you give. Seeing as I am one of the 'disadvantaged' as I am a student in considerable debt, I still do not begrudge them this.
    No neither do I. I am one of the few who thinks that loss of liberty is a very big punishment.

When people are young they develop the most, and if they are developing in an environment similar to prison what kind of individual will they be when they leave? Give them all of the stuff they have, it doesn't bother me. They're aren't on the streets. They need to be shown how certain things work whilst inside.

btw - I am not going to check this thread again because I don't want to get into a huge argument, esp. with Becky!