Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aeronautical Engineering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I may only be in year 10, but I am one of my schools 'potentials' - that means they try to egg me to go to Oxford or Cambridge (I've got prospectuses) and anyway.

I'm thinking of doing the 5 year masters scissor degree at loughborough, as I'll be able to get some experience too.

Just thinking about it though, im 95% what aeronautical engineering is - it's designing new planes and the bits on them like engines and all that isn't it? I was wondering because the 'engineering' part conjures up images of building things. I'm much more of a theoretical person however and I usually fail at practical work.

Any ideas? :confused:

Also wondering - wheres the best university to go for this course? I chose loughborough as its so close. I could go to leicester, or anywhere around the East Midlands. I guess at a push I could go anywhere but I still want to be relatiely close to friends/family...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    My boyfriend does Aero Eng at Salford, and half loves it half hates it. There's a lot of maths involved but I know he finds it really interesting. He's always explaining to me how things work!

Also, he had the option of doing it as a sandwich course, with a year of industry in between 2nd and 3rd year. He's on that year out right now, and is building bridges in Poland.

From what I've gathered, it's a lot of theory and a lot of lab work. And the lab reports are a nightmare. But worth it, if you're really keen!

Good luck :)