Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Psycology or Sociology

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi, i've got to choose my AS subjects by monday and have decided on everything but whether to do psycology or sociology. Could anyone doing either of these subjects give me their opinion of the subject to give me a better idea.
Thanxs xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I haven't done either but I know people who've done them and most of them prefer sociology. It depends what your other subjects are and what you prefer to do. For instance if you like the media then sciology can help. But if you like looking at how peoples minds work then opt for psychology. Hope what i've said helps.
    Psychology is more mind-related, and does involve a bit of biology, whilst Sociology investigates the effects of environment on people, stereotypes, etc.

AS Sociology (in my opinion, anyway) is pretty easy, though the Research Methods module can get quite tedious. If you choose either subject, be prepared - if you carry any of them on to A2 level brace yourself for a fair bit of uni-type research!

Hope that helps. :)
    I know that it is after monday but hope that its not to late. my advice would be choose sociology if you are a person that likes to argue. The thing about sociology is that basically if you can explain the reason for your argument you cant be wropng because it is all based on peoples opinions. Of corse if they ask you for the name of a reasercher then obviously you cant make it up but it is a very good educated guess and ramble on subject. Hope that that was of some help, even if a bit late
    ta**
    :hyper: